Version 2.7 discussion

hey not positive but i think the python exception error i was reporting mite be caused by cities making a cultural switch cause i was using my spies to spread culture and right around 70% my way..when cities start revolting..i got the messages again, i then used worldbuilder to give me the city and after a reload no message

Once again I address the problem I'm having with 2.7 test 2 version.....It crashes when I try to load.

Does anyone else have this problem?

crOws,

Did you install the Official 3.19 Patch from Firaxis?

If the answer is Yes, then 2.7 test 2 is Incompatible (will Not work) with the 3.19 Patch.

2.7test 2 was made with the 3.17 Patch.

If you have Not installed the 3.19 patch but still have version 3.17 Official patch then are you trying to use RoM 2.7 Maps. RoM 2.7 Maps are Not compatible with 2.7 Test 2. RoM 2.5 and 2.6 Maps are compatible with 2.7Test2.

Now can you give us some details, please.
Once again I address the problem I'm having with 2.7 test 2 version.....It crashes when I try to load.

That just doesn't give enough to go on. And plaese answer the questions about which Official Patch you have installed.

Thank you

JosEPh :)

@cr0ws Why do you keep trying to play the 2.7 test 2 version?

Pardon me, I didn't look in the readme where it says "NOTICE:This mod is not designed for Cr0ws, He must stay away from it because it will not work for him." :lol:

crOws,

Did you install the Official 3.19 Patch from Firaxis?

If the answer is Yes, then 2.7 test 2 is Incompatible (will Not work) with the 3.19 Patch.

Bingo that is the problem. Pardon me again I don't know why I assumed 2.7 test 2 is just 2.7 with fixes. I think I shall give up trying to run 2.7 test 2 from now on.

Thank You.

2.7 test 1 and 2 where precursors to 2.7. They where for "testing" to find Bugs and other problems so that zappara could release a Better working 2.7 version.

Then Firaxis surprised everyone with the new 3.19 patch and zappara had to throw together a hurried 2.7 that would work with the New patch. This is why zap keeps referring to a 2.71 patch. This 2.71 patch will further implement the things he intended for 2.7 originally.

@cr0ws,

To continue to play 2.7 Test 2 you would need to have made a copy of BtS before you Patched to 3.19. Then you could've switched between the 3.17 version (for 2.7Test2) and the BtS 3.19 for the current 2.7.

2.7Test 2 was a Good build IMHO. I liked it and the direction it was going. But this is an ever changing Mod/World and nothing stays the same forever. ;)

Glad you figured it out. :thumbsup:

JosEPh :)

I would not recommend it. There should be already a scrolling scoreboard option in RevDCM from Thomas SG.

There is still some problems with my scoreboard that I never really figured out a solution, but I uploaded it if someone could figure out more anyway.

Is it possible to add a checkbox under custom games - victory conditions for "random", so that it randomly assigns you a single victory condition you need to achieve to win that game?

Thanks

is there any way to edit the scoreboard so it shows the civ's dynamic name? you can do it in Rhyse and Fall by editing the cvMainInterface file but it is different in RoM and it isnt an option in the BUG mod.

i have another idea, well 2 actually...
first a new building that requires a combination of 2 from dye, wool, silk, or cotton and provides clothing as a sellable product, and the other a clothing corp that requires the same resources, could also have dye as a primary resource for said building and then require cotton, silk, wool or cow(leather) as a secondary...if its early enoough maybe in later eras couldd uupgrade the building to a more specialized building depending on which of the resources you have

i have another idea, well 2 actually...
first a new building that requires a combination of 2 from dye, wool, silk, or cotton and provides clothing as a sellable product, and the other a clothing corp that requires the same resources, could also have dye as a primary resource for said building and then require cotton, silk, wool or cow(leather) as a secondary...if its early enoough maybe in later eras couldd uupgrade the building to a more specialized building depending on which of the resources you have

I think it is fairly easy to have a building require a resource or two to build the problem is with the optional nature since you want dye and wool or dye and silk or dye and cotton.

It is also easy to get a building to produce a resource.

The difficulty is having that produced resource not produced if you loose access to any of the required resources.

I think there was a mod to do this built very early but it has not been taken up. I can almost see how to do it in python but it would increase turn lag since at the begining of every turn you would need to test each city for the building and either turn it on or off (if that is possible) depending on the resources available. then you would have to do it for each of this building type!

Hum... I will think about it but since I am off to the other side of the planet soon I doubt anything will get done soon :)

Zappara, I was digging in ROM python and I noticed you used Zcivics. I was looking to use it as well for Ideology Civics, however, your version of Zcivics is woefully out of date. Do you think you could update it in 2.71?

another thought seperating those might be best...
dye and cotton=cloth
dye and silk=idk colored silk?
dye and wool=fleece
dye and leather=suede

also need to have a building that makes leather with cow resource

Hey Zap, you may remember me from the somewhat earlier days of RoM, back when it was v0.9 to when it was about v2.4 when I dropped off the map for this? Well, that was because I lost Civ4 and never got it back till now. So I'll be back to do some feedback and ideas like I did, glad to see this is going strong as ever, this even has subforums.:eek

Did that scrolling civic's screen ever get working?
Edit: I guess so, very cool!:)

hey all quick question...well not so quick i guess
i finally got internet bk and downloaded 2.7 for 3.19 but there isn't a spot for public maps in the mod so where do i put the map i use
as i have said before i use planet generator ver well whatever the latest was because it gives me more control on how the world is set up and works well with the earlier versions of the mod...going so far as to say even when others have had problems with resources not appearing i haven't

hey all quick question...well not so quick i guess
i finally got internet bk and downloaded 2.7 for 3.19 but there isn't a spot for public maps in the mod so where do i put the map i use
as i have said before i use planet generator ver well whatever the latest was because it gives me more control on how the world is set up and works well with the earlier versions of the mod...going so far as to say even when others have had problems with resources not appearing i haven't

You can use Privatemap folder, it works fine. But you can too create new folder called publicmaps, just be sure to check in privatemaps and move all .py files to that new folder, then put in your mapgenerator :).

Top Bottom