Version 2.x bug reports

This mod still to doesn't show the city screen, neitheir civilopedia. The names of cities appear mixed between letters and symbols...

someone can help me? please i've already played this mod in other pc and i loved it...

PS: in both 2.5 and 2.6 versions
Please post log files from your game so I have better chance solving your problem. See the first post in this thread as it describes how to enable logging. I suspect that goes something wrong with python on your system.

Also see FAQ's first question and possible solutions to 'no interface' problem.

following are the scrennshots zipped and his discriptions.

Civ4ScreenShot0001.zip - After installed the 2.6 version plus the 2.61 update, the bars simply diseppeared, i can’t see any menus or something else… as you can see in this image.

Civ4ScreenShot0002.zip - letters continue to appear intercalled by symbols (this happen in 2.5 too)

HiResScreenShot0001.zip - When i had installed the 2.5 i could see blue bars in the rears(at least) now i can’t see nothing - -‘

Civ4ScreenShot0000.zip - This image can’t explain you very well what is the problem, but, i can’t open the civilopedia…
Thanks in advance ;)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.zip
    81.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.zip
    257.8 KB · Views: 43
  • HiResScreenShot0001.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 83
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.zip
    114 KB · Views: 51
CtD as I went to found a city as Roosevelt of America on a standard snail hemishperes map in 2.61
I do enjoy these changes though

following are the scrennshots zipped and his discriptions.

Civ4ScreenShot0001.zip - After installed the 2.6 version plus the 2.61 update, the bars simply diseppeared, i can’t see any menus or something else… as you can see in this image.

Civ4ScreenShot0002.zip - letters continue to appear intercalled by symbols (this happen in 2.5 too)

HiResScreenShot0001.zip - When i had installed the 2.5 i could see blue bars in the rears(at least) now i can’t see nothing - -‘

Civ4ScreenShot0000.zip - This image can’t explain you very well what is the problem, but, i can’t open the civilopedia…
Thanks in advance ;)
I think all of those problems are a result of the problem that the mod, or more specifically BUG mod component failed to locate its config files. In Rise of Mankind folder open CvAltRoot.py file and follow the instructions there and if you can post the log files in this thread so I can verify that the error is what I think it is. PythonErr.logs should show where the mod tries to locate bug ini files and asset files. With the help of your log files I might be able to figure out how to further modify BugPath.py file so that it locates mod's files but no other custom assets which causes problems in some cases since many mods use BUG mod and they all tend to save the info to same location - with v2.61 I tried to prevent this situation but the downside was that there might be more cases where on some operating system configurations the mod fails to locate inis and asset files (but CvAltroot.py file is there for to give manual fix for it).

CtD as I went to found a city as Roosevelt of America on a standard snail hemishperes map in 2.61
I do enjoy these changes though
If you can please post the log files in this thread. See the first post in this thread for info how to enable logging.

i can't open civaltroot.py, which program is needed?

and with 2.61 version revolutio can't be enabled?
You can open it in Notepad or in any other text editor (it's plain text file). Revolution can't be enabled because it causes the 'waiting for other civs' bug on some rare occasions.

here is the logs attached...

i've copied the civaltroot.py to python but it did nothing aparently...
From the logs:
14:34:48 ERROR: Directory from CvAltRoot.py is not valid

Did you edit the CvAltroot.py file so that the path there points correctly to Rise of Mankind folder? Seems that there's some error with the path you've provided there.

Edit: from logs too:
File "<string>", line 13, in write
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 65: ordinal not in range(128)

So looks like python can't read correctly some character from your mod path. So I'll suggest that you'll move RoM to folder 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods' as that is your BtS installation location (if Mods folder doesn't exist here, you can create it). The game will load mods from game installation folders as well just like from 'My documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods'.

it still the same :(

here is the new logs attached...
If you moved the mod the location I suggested, make sure that the file CvAltRoot.py file is removed from python folder (move it back to 'Rise of Mankind' -folder) as it is no longer needed there. If you are not sure what exactly has to be done, delete the mod completely and install it again to 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods'

It was not reproducible, so I'm just gonna guess it's my poor graphics setup.

edit:

i tried History in making and it works but only if i put here 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods'
why doesn't work rise of mankind as well ? :S

@Saladino93

Try out BUG mod just as a standalone mod, install it as a mod, not to custom assets and then tell me if it works correctly or not in your computer. This helps me to rule out certain things...

EDIT:

3.5.1 BUG MOD have the same problem than i get with rise of mankind, when i start a game, there are no blue bars, the whole screen is ocuppied by the image of the landscpae...
but i can open civilopedia and there are not symbols between the letters...

Hi zappara - i've got exactly the same problem as saladino93.

I've installed mod in my civ folder (which is C:\program files\..\ adn so on..)
and it runs without interface.

what's maybe more important - i had a mod version 2.51 and it worked properly.
obviously i've deleted 2.51 version before installing 2.60.....
So i think, that have to be some bug with new version.

here are my logs:

http://rapidshare.com/files/217243169/Logs.rar.html

Still having CTD issues, will check modular loading.

Top Bottom