Version 2.x bug reports

I can't get version 2.6 working, i get a CTD on startup. It crashes with the "windows has to close" error message on init XML (Uncached)

1. Do you have 2.6 named " Rise of Mankind" in the Mod Folder?

2. Or do you have it named "Rise of mankind2.6 or 2.6Full" ?

3. Do you haver an earlier version still in the BtS Mod Folder already named "Rise of Mankind"?

If question #1 answer is Yes, then is question 3 relevant?

If question 1 is No, Then rename it to "Rise of Mankind" and rename any earlier versions to something else. This especially applies to a Yes answer for question 2.

Also as stated before clear the cache.

JosEPh :)

I keep getting this error randomly when I play RoM v2.6 normal (the one posted in current downloads). It just crashes and sows this error. I never got this error when playing RoM v2.6 alpha (the one posted in the discussion thread ahead of time).

Code:
AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe	 AppVer: 3.1.3.1	 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512	 Offset: 00011669

What exactly was added to the final version of v2.6 vs the alpha version? Because if there is not much difference then i will just play the more stable alpha.

NOTE: My RoM v2.6 normal is not the patch for v2.5 but the whole download.

I not geting the RevDCM in the options screen. Is this because of the Brab civ problem? How would I enable the other RevDCM options?

By the way this the Best MOD I have ever seen.:goodjob:

Ok Im playing 2.6 full pack and for some reason none of the worlds I play on seem to generate horses...lots and lots of elephants but no horses. I usually play large perfect world map also the battle effects dont seem to work even though Ive switched them on. Ive played the 2.51 mega pack with absolutely no problems so Im not sure what the deal is. Otherwise great mod I love the changes except for the +/- 100% clicker I keep hiting it by mistake and dont notice till several turns have past and I notice crap Im broke.

1. Do you have 2.6 named " Rise of Mankind" in the Mod Folder?

2. Or do you have it named "Rise of mankind2.6 or 2.6Full" ?

3. Do you haver an earlier version still in the BtS Mod Folder already named "Rise of Mankind"?

If question #1 answer is Yes, then is question 3 relevant?

If question 1 is No, Then rename it to "Rise of Mankind" and rename any earlier versions to something else. This especially applies to a Yes answer for question 2.

Also as stated before clear the cache.

When I had 2.6 installed, I MAY have had 2.5 overwritten, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure I deleted 2.5.
How would I clear the cache? I reinstalled the whole civ pack, if that would achieve the same goal. I'd hardly play civ without a mod.

I'm also having a problem with 2.5 rom. It's got something to do with the barbarian art XML, and I tried fixing it myself. There were two ',' before the barbarian and minor civ art tags, and I deleted them. Yes, I made a backup. I still, however, get the barbarian XML art error.

When I had 2.6 installed, I MAY have had 2.5 overwritten, but I doubt it. I'm pretty sure I deleted 2.5.
How would I clear the cache? I reinstalled the whole civ pack, if that would achieve the same goal. I'd hardly play civ without a mod.

I'm also having a problem with 2.5 rom. It's got something to do with the barbarian art XML, and I tried fixing it myself. There were two ',' before the barbarian and minor civ art tags, and I deleted them. Yes, I made a backup. I still, however, get the barbarian XML art error.

RoM versions 2.5 and 2.6 will only run if they are in mods\Rise of Mankind. It must have that name or it wont work. That was the mistake I made and I also got the barbarian XML error ;)

On cache see post #559 in thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=302805&page=28. yes I am tired of answering cache questions, and I have only done it two or three times :)

Clearing cache doesn't work, and as I said i've reinstalled the entire game. I'll give the name solution a try, though that means I'll have to redownload AGAIN.

Greatly appreciate the help.

I finally did manage to solve my problem.In my case i replaced bugpath.py file in Rise of Mankind/Assets/Python/BUG folder by the bugpath.py file found in the bugpath (MissingUIFix).zip file which is in the rompatch2_501beta.zip file.
So anyone who experiences no interface or no pedia/options problems please try this.It may work in your case too!

Please upload your file here.

Zap:

Giant and Gigantic maps still don't work correctly by default with RoM_PerfectWorld.py

Note, to get Giant to work at all, need to modify the CIV4WorldInfo.xml to make a Giant Map 40x24 instead of 40x25.

Gigantic maps "work" although not very well, usually resulting in a lot of island chains (on PerfectMaps at least). Modifing it from 50x30 to 48x32 usually will fix this.

Clearing cache doesn't work, and as I said i've reinstalled the entire game. I'll give the name solution a try, though that means I'll have to redownload AGAIN.

Greatly appreciate the help.
I reinstalled it, and sure enough I got it running. However, whenever I try to start a game I CTD. Sigh...

At some point in the game when I push enter for next turn, the earthcursor is just spinning and spinning and no next turn coming. Had to abandon hours of gaming. I will delete 2.6 and download 2.5 again cause... cant stand it. Hope for some patch/debugging soon.

Greetz!

I keep getting this error randomly when I play RoM v2.6 normal (the one posted in current downloads). It just crashes and sows this error. I never got this error when playing RoM v2.6 alpha (the one posted in the discussion thread ahead of time).

Code:

What exactly was added to the final version of v2.6 vs the alpha version? Because if there is not much difference then i will just play the more stable alpha.

It´s the same for me. I never got CTDs when playing 2.5x. I firstly tried to update, then installed the whole version 2.6 but this errors keeps reoccuring randomly. Anybody got anything to this?

At some point in the game when I push enter for next turn, the earthcursor is just spinning and spinning and no next turn coming. Had to abandon hours of gaming. I will delete 2.6 and download 2.5 again cause... cant stand it. Hope for some patch/debugging soon.

Greetz!

RoM2.6Full will not have this problem IF you do not turn on Any of the RevDCM options.

Also make sure that it's Named "Rise of Mankind" in the Mod folder.

Take any previous RoM versions and place them in a folder somewhere outside of the CIV IV\BtS\Mods path. Preferably in a folder in My Docs or a folder on your desktop.

Start a vanilla game of regular BtS, play several turns. This clears out any .ini files from previous RoM versions. Then you should be able to start and play a New game of RoM 2.6 Full. (I forget at the moment where these .ini reside, it's been posted before).

If you leave an older version in the MODs folder along with 2.6Full and you play a game of the earlier version you will cause an .ini file to be generated that will replace ( and distort) any attempt to play or resume the 2.6Full game. This is very important to understand.

I've been playing 2.6Full for several days (current game up to 1910AD). I've had No spinning globe, No CTDs, and No missing UI or interfaces.

The game runs fine for me, but I note one problrm. The bombard function for artillery versus troops is supposed to have 80% hit probability, but in actual fact has 0% hit probability. It misses every time, making it useless for this purpose. You have to actually attack to use this weapon. It works OK though at reducing city defenses. I recall it was the same for other seige weapons (catapults and cannons) , but am not 100% certain.

Code:

As I already said I encountered the same error with 2.6. However, yesterday I started a 'Play Now!'-Game without the Mods: Revolution, Tech Diffusion, Start as Minors, Raging Barbarians with which I normally play and it ran smoothly for several hours. Thus I assume this .dll-CTD has something to do with one of the said Mods. Unfortunately - untalented and unknowing as I am in terms of modding - this hint is all I can provide.

The bombard function for artillery versus troops is supposed to have 80% hit probability, but in actual fact has 0% hit probability. It misses every time, making it useless for this purpose. You have to actually attack to use this weapon. It works OK though at reducing city defenses. I recall it was the same for other seige weapons (catapults and cannons) , but am not 100% certain.

Are you using version 2.6? Unfortunately in the recent update the DCM/Revolutions mod team (whichever was handling the siege mods) pretty much came full circle on siege weapons back to vanilla BtS. Siege weapons can reduce a cities defenses to 0, and you can attack directly with them and pray for the best, but apparently no longer will we be able to range bombard units ala Civ 3 and earlier variants. :rolleyes:

Epic Fail in my opinion. I don't mind not being able to completely wipe out units with arty, but gimme back my ranged bombard damage damnit! :mad:

I was playing version 2.6, Marathon, Giant map, no Rev composents. Awesome gameplay, and then came year 1636 AD... At the end of the turn all I had to do was to stare at that old familiar "Waiting for others civilizations" message ! I reduced my graphics etc. Still the the same crap... Well, at least I really enjoyed it while it worked.

This mod still to doesn't show the city screen, neitheir civilopedia. The names of cities appear mixed between letters and symbols...

someone can help me? please i've already played this mod in other pc and i loved it...

PS: in both 2.5 and 2.6 versions

This mod still to doesn't show the city screen, neitheir civilopedia. The names of cities appear mixed between letters and symbols...

someone can help me? please i've already played this mod in other pc and i loved it...

PS: in both 2.5 and 2.6 versions

Might be a obsolete question, but do you play with English language? RoM will only work correctly if English is the selected game language.

Top Bottom