1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Version 2.x bug reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. saladino93

saladino93 Chieftain

do you want my logs?

2. Thorongil

Thorongil Chieftain

Has anybody else got problems with the new roads? I e.g. don´t have the option to create a path at all. Also, I can´t upgrade to paved roads, etcetc... Basically, it´s like it has been in 2.6 for me, don´t really know why it doesn´t work though. I don´t have CTD issues anymore, they simply don´t appear as option.

3. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

@Thorongil

I had the same problem first time I installed 2.61. What I did wrong was installing it over 2.6. I then reinstalled 2.5 then patched it with 2.61 and new routes showed-up and worked properly.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

@Thorongil

I had the same problem at first but it was because I had installed zulu9812's R.O.M.E. stuff. Moving the ROME Jumplanes out of the Modules folder fixed the problem while leaving the rest available.

5. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

I was trying 2.6 and things seemed quite odd and mostly like 2.5.... turns out I'd installed 2.6 in the Civ IV\mods folder, NOT the Beyond the Sword\mods folder! oops! Installing it in the right mods folder made all the difference. So simple, so easy to miss.

6. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Yes please but from BUG v3.6 as that's the version RoM 2.6 is using. BUG 3.51 was used in RoM 2.5.

7. soleil

soleil Chieftain

hi zappara, i have read nearly all the post after 2.61, and i found some guys had the same problems. that is the game crashing to desktop sometimes, and when i reload the game and reach that specific turn it crashes again,actually i could not continue. I tried reinstalling the game and upgraded to 3.17 or just delete all the files in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword except CivilizationIV.ini. But it could not solve the problem.
    BTW:when i upgrade to 2.61, i can not find Revolution and BarbCiv options in custom game.You just made them positive and hidden them? i think that two options are very good and i want them positive.

8. Thorongil

Thorongil Chieftain

Wonderful, that fixed it. Thanks a lot.

9. KingYosef

KingYosef Warlord

I put the folders for the mod rise of mankind v.2.6 and then installed the patch v2.61 into my mod folder and then when I tried to load the game it gave me this error message...

10. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

@saladino93

You should download now v2.62 patch. I had to make some changes to the mod how it locates mod files if you have to use CvAltroot.py file. This should fix the problem you were having.

11. saladino93

saladino93 Chieftain

still having problems :(

now i can't simply start a game...

here you have my logs...

Attached Files:

12. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Ok, looked your logs and here's I think is what you need to do:

1. install mod to location: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\

2. Install v2.62 patch to the same location

3. Edit CvAltroot.py file in 'Rise of Mankind' folder and put there line:

rootDir = "C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword"

4. save file

5. move CvAltroot.py file to folder C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python

If the error still occurs after these changes, then I'm puzzled why it won't work...

13. saladino93

saladino93 Chieftain

i can't install directly to that location, it give error...

i only can unzip to the '...Documents/.../My games...'

and then copy to the location you said...

can i do this way?

14. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Hmm.. windows protected location or something? Vista perhaps? Dang, I need to think of something else.. by the way, just odd question but have you patched Beyond the Sword to version 3.17? That has been one cause for 'no interface'.

Otherwise, since you can't install the mod to documents folders due to your Windows username (it has é in it and mod can't read it for some reason), the only other choice I can think of is to install whole Civ 4 and expansions to another location which isn't in the 'program files' -folders. For example I got civ installed to D drive.. so you could use something like C:\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\ as path during game installation (don't forget to patch BtS to v3.17) and after that install the mod. All this should help if you try other mods as well which have BUG 3.6 included.

15. saladino93

saladino93 Chieftain

this happens:

(see doc)

Attached Files:

16. civhelp121

civhelp121 Prince

I downloaded the new patch successfully. I tested it with a new game, and the new game worked fine. Then I tried to load the game I previously was playing and midway through loading it said that the game failed to uncompress the file and thus failed to load the new game. Is there anyway I can fix this, or should I just start a new game?

17. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

General rule with mod patches is that saved games from previous version won't work due to all the xml changes. You'll have to start new game.

18. tron47

tron47 Chieftain

there are 2 art defines that are dups
    ART_DEF_UNIT_FOKKERDR1
    ART_DEF_UNIT_KNIGHT_AFRICAN

19. chairface

chairface Chieftain

Was playing ROM 2.61 on a Gigantic Map with Raging Barbarians, and had this problem:

I'm considerably ahead tech-wise, and had just (within a turn or two) discovered Gunpowder. On the border of another nation (Carthage) a decent stack (5-6) of Musketmen appear. Power 17 Musketmen. I'm the only one with Gunpowder and don't even have Matchlocks yet, so barbarians should not be spawning Musketmen. Whatever is spawning the barbarians is apparently basing it off the vanilla unit tech requirements and not the mod's, since Gunpowder alone will allow Musketmen on vanilla, but not even Arquebusiers on ROM.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have seen this problem a couple of times also. Luckily it has only occurred when I have had the Great Wall and these barbarians have swept across my neighbours with me behind picking off the cities which the barbs leave undefended.:lol: