1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Version 2.x bug reports

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Curious to what's in a save file, DavidB1111? Save a game in the world builder as a WBS and open up the worldbuilder save in notepad. You can see that it defines every plot, every units, every city...

Each Map size increases the saves by about 4. Double the length of the sides of the rectangle, get 4 times the area.

2. Hector Alvares

Hector Alvares Chieftain

@DavidB1111 ... i have the same problems with this MOD, but I can wait (Good time for cleaning the Tables,Kitchen ect.....;) ).
    I Play on a Acer Laptop ....AMD TL-58 CPU,Vista Home, 2 GB Ram, with an Geforce 8600 768 Ram.
    before I Start BTS, I clean windows ...... open Taskmanager and terminate all Process wich are not nessesary for the Game.
    For Laptop it is NOT so easy to change Hardware, (and even not so cheap...;) )
    Its fact that BTS without any modification Works fine, but than you don´t have all the bonus for RoM.
    I hope that maybe 2.9 or later will be more optimized, but for now I am happy with that mod.

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Not-so-smart Man

You mean 4 times, right?
    Oh, and Hector, my computer is amazingly good. So, that's not really the problem here.
    Can notepad even load up a huge text file?

4. Afforess

Yeah

Notepad crashes if the file is greater than 10mb or so.

5. N0Face

N0Face Chieftain

As title say, after starting game there is no interface. And in menu civilopedia and advanced->options buttons don't respond.
    Windows 7 Russian, but Civ4 BtS(not complete version) is english. Documents path have cyrillic letters.
    2.8 full with hotfix. CvAltRoot.py didn't work.

Attached Files:

• Logs.zip
      File size:
      178.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Carwyn

Carwyn Chieftain

I think you need to have NO cyrillic letters in your name or tha pathname for it work properly. Sorry! Perhaps you can change the path names to something with English letters.

7. Blackflag421

Blackflag421 Chieftain

As stated, no cyrillic characters can be in the filepath. ASCII only, tho I think you're fine without changing the applocale.

8. Blindet

Blindet Chieftain

Fresh install of 2.8 crashes when i start a new game.
    It crashes when the status bar says "Init graphics"

My civ 4 bts is patched to 3.19.
    Removing cache files didnt help.

9. N0Face

N0Face Chieftain

Thx. I just created new user account with english name.

10. dexter_inside

dexter_inside Chieftain

TXT_KEY_UNIT_CAN_ONLY_TRAVERSE missing for modern workboat:

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
  11. RobO

RobO Chieftain

I seem to remember seeing it for the first workboat as well.

12. B5C

B5C Chieftain

I am getting a XML Load Error when I start the game. It looks like it's from the Custom civs.

13. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I'm pretty sure that you are using some modmod that allows travel over ice plots - the basic RoM doesn't have this feature, thus the problem isn't in my mod but a specific modmod problem. ;)

14. os79

os79 Chieftain

As Zappara said it is another modmod. It is Afforess' Ice Breaker modmod. Now Afforess knows about it and will fix it or is already fixed.;)

15. Afforess

Uh, I fixed it a long time ago. Anyone who uses 1.53 can check and see that it's gone. ;)

16. mightymaximo

mightymaximo Chieftain

Whenever I load the mod it crashes and gives me a loading error I dont' know why would love to try your mod everything I have read on it looks great!!
    Could you help me I would so appreciate it thanks!!

17. Afforess

What is the error message? We can't help without details.

18. SDFarsight

SDFarsight Chieftain

So the larger the save file the more chance there is of a CTD, relative to your RAM?

I have 4 gigs of RAM, though other than that there really isn't anything else to say as there isn't any error messages, just a CTD when I end a turn.

Edit: and my save file is 1.4 Mb

19. Sam42

Sam42 Chieftain

I recently installed Rise of Mankind 2.91, along with A New Dawn 1.73, and Clash of Civilizations 1.1.
    But, when I try to load the Rise of Mankind mod, it takes almost 15 minutes for Civilization 4 to reboot. Even then, the start screen lacks any interface, with nothing visible aside from the RoM logo, and the Earth background.

Attached Files:

20. heresthebeef

heresthebeef Chieftain

Hello thanks for the mod it's been great except for my little CTD problem.

I have a PC running win7 ultimate 64bit with amd phenom II x6, 16gig ddr3 memory, ati mobility radeon HD 4850

So I imagine its not a memory problem even though it's lateish in the game. I've conquered 2 civs when on a 3rd civ I attack the capital and CTD. It's the holy roman empire capital. I attack with calvary. I CTD to the infamous civ4 has stopped working screen but I do not have logging on. It happens the instant I attack. If you need a log I guess I could look up how to turn it on and upload it. I appreciate the mod and any help you can give me.