[TUTORIAL] Video Tutorials on Modding Civ4

yes, it's Legends of Revolution with about 50 units added to it from this site.
So, as far as the crashes are concerned, there's three possibilities:

1. The crash is present in regular Legends of Revolution. There's no way to fix this unless you can solve the bug in the original mod.

2 or 3. The crash is from an (2) XML or (3) art change. Something somewhere is undefined or pointing to a poorly designed art file, causing a crash. The strictest way to find this is (gulp) making a blank mod and adding your units in, one at a time, and testing them. The fastest way...? Try to replicate the crash. It's almost certainly happening when an AI builds a certain unit. So open Worldbuilder every turn and try to see what unit is about to be produced before it crashes.

Speed is not something I'm familiar with working on. I'd look at the modding tutorials and for threads that discuss it. My mods don't take that long to load and I have tons of new stuff. :dunno:

Does anyone know if there happens to be a video on how to add civs from one mod onto another?

an example would be adding say The Soviet Union or Romania from any WW2 mod into Legends of Rev.

Does anyone know if there happens to be a video on how to add civs from one mod onto another?

an example would be adding say The Soviet Union or Romania from any WW2 mod into Legends of Rev.
I think I had a video on adding a civilization. Let me see if I can swing a new one in the next few days on that subject.

Query for everyone:

1. What types of modding videos would you like to see?

2. Would you enjoy interviews with current modders about their mods?

3. Would you enjoy videos of me playing mods?

Great Video, Thank you!!!
When I attempted to do something similar it never worked. I was so close but I think the leaderhead stuff messed me up.
I will say though, the victory strategy 'BBAI' at 09:25 in your video with the leaders in LoR was not in my LoR edition. but I don't see any errors so far.

I can't remember exactly what a modular mod is but do you any issues with adding a modular mod's civilization into another mod like LoR?

I can't remember exactly what a modular mod is but do you any issues with adding a modular mod's civilization into another mod like LoR?
Not usually unless it has major changes. It should be plug and play.

Modules are awesome cause you just copy and paste the module folder most of the time.

Not usually unless it has major changes. It should be plug and play.

Modules are awesome cause you just copy and paste the module folder most of the time.
oh okay that's cool! Do I have to put the modules in a specific folder? Like where do I put the Canada Deluxe Mod folder inside of LoR?

oh okay that's cool! Do I have to put the modules in a specific folder? Like where do I put the Canada Deluxe Mod folder inside of LoR?
I'll try to make a video on this. It should be <5 minute video

Query for everyone:

1. What types of modding videos would you like to see?

2. Would you enjoy interviews with current modders about their mods?

3. Would you enjoy videos of me playing mods?
I would love a video about how to incorporate the custom art/civ specific ethnic unit/skins. To me LoR is a wonderful example of how well this is done. Going off of your last video, Adding the Soviet Union to LoR is great. Now how do I give those same 'Russian' ethnic skins to the Sovets?

*Side note* I just learned how to make buttons thanks to your video, thank you!! :)

I would love a video about how to incorporate the custom art/civ specific ethnic unit/skins. To me LoR is a wonderful example of how well this is done. Going off of your last video, Adding the Soviet Union to LoR is great. Now how do I give those same 'Russian' ethnic skins to the Sovets?

*Side note* I just learned how to make buttons thanks to your video, thank you!! :)
Yep, big +1 on this. This kind of xml is a major entry point for modders who are collecting all the great forum art, but don't understand how to get everything in game. (It took me forever and a half to figure it out on my own, so the younger me would be extremely grateful :yeah:)

Thanks again for all the great work you're doing topsecret! :w00t:

Yep, big +1 on this. This kind of xml is a major entry point for modders who are collecting all the great forum art, but don't understand how to get everything in game. (It took me forever and a half to figure it out on my own, so the younger me would be extremely grateful :yeah:)

Thanks again for all the great work you're doing topsecret! :w00t:
Thanks for the reminder!

@topsecret I thought everything was going well with my buttons I created. However when I play the game I get this error message. I feel like I know what you're going to say...."well check to make sure the button is actually a size 55x55." I checked my button-properties-details and they will say 55x55. but the game still comes up with this error message. It does not crash the game or anything but every time I select, say a Stuka Dive bomber for example, the unit to build this message pops up. I then Shunk some of them even smaller to 50x50 or 40x40 and the error still comes up. I'm at a loss :(

Attachments

• Size.jpg
    Size.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 13
  • Stuka.jpg
    Stuka.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 12
55 is what you want to make them BEFORE you apply the frame.

1. Make icon 55x55
2. Paste in blank canvas 64x64
3. Paste outline over 64x64.

The final size is 64x64.

55 is what you want to make them BEFORE you apply the frame.

1. Make icon 55x55
2. Paste in blank canvas 64x64
3. Paste outline over 64x64.

The final size is 64x64.
Ya that's what I did. I believe. But it's like it's not working somehow. My Gimp has been very glitchy, maybe that's part of the issue?

Attachments

• scale size.jpg
    scale size.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom