[TUTORIAL] Video Tutorials on Modding Civ4

Of course I have Nifskope! I doubt Civ 4 modder doesn't have Nifskope, Gimp, or Game Font editor! Anyway I also created a Heavy Spearman for Bohemia and I sent you the picture in the conversation. I only use nifskope to view the files and see how they look.
:lol: Yeah, sorry, I'd never heard of Inkscape, so I wasn't sure how you were doing things lol sorry. Thanks for the stuff you sent - I'm still catching up on my responses ;)

Hey y'all, I made a tutorial for Decal Flags but I missed a step. :blush: It's getting late, and I probably can't record until next week, but know that it is in the works.

And so is that GIMP tutorial. ;)

A new tutorial (how to create a DECAL Flag) is finished. Once it finishes exporting and uploading to YouTube, I will post it here.

Tantanmen, I will be starting a new series, Know Your Tools, and the first video will be on GIMP, so you will get plenty of experience in recoloring and so on.

Tantanmen, I will be starting a new series, Know Your Tools
Thanks for another great tutorial topsecret! And I love the title for the new series :thumbsup:

the first video will be on GIMP, so you will get plenty of experience in recoloring and so on.
:dance: Autumn leaves are nice and all, but I'm ready to dash in even a little more color !! Thanks topsecret :w00t:

Yay! It's going to be great especially since I'm starting to get some civ requests again and most of them were never created before so I need to create a custom flag and button. Is it ok if I use the normal norepad? Also creating buttons for civs is very easy but creating flags is something else.

Attachments

• Charlemagne_PapalSpearman.zip
    274.8 KB · Views: 121
I changed the title of the thread because we have two series in this thread now. :D

Know Your Tools: GIMP Basics

Expertise Required: How to Add a Button (recommended)

Relevant Files and Programs
Papal Spearman
GIMP 2.8

DDS Plugin

I. am. all. over. this. :yup: (Hey @Louis the XIV ~!! :lol: )

The mighty and redoubtable soldiers of the fledgling Kingdom of Bohemia swear the good kind of fealty and service to the Reunited Kingdom of Men.

“We have sworn, and not lightly. This oath we will keep… the deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song until the last days of Arda.”

Thank you topsecret !! :thanx:

I was wondering if you can make a Video Tutorial on Civ 4 Leaderheads. I want to make a leaderhead of Sun-Yat-Sen but i don't know how to used blender. Can you help, please?
I can't commit to that yet. Making a Leader head takes a very long time (over a week of work if there's a lot to change) and guides to make them are long. Emkek's is dozens of pages. I will do it eventually, I hope, but there's a lot I still don't even know. Emkek's guide is how I learned if you want to try in the meantime. :)

Basic NifSwap Tutorial

Expertise Required:
Basic XML Knowledge, Basic File Structure Knowledge, Weapon Swap (recommended)

Relevant Files

NifSkope 1.2.0 Alpha 2 Download
Files Used in Video

Credits:
mechaerik - Original Militia
Bakuel - Arabic Worker

Note: I accidently forgot to mute the music when recording this, so I got a copyright claim (not strike) on the original video. I've set YouTube to trim it, so it may seem to "skip"; nothing in that portion contained tutorial information, so I've just left it as trimmed. Hopefully I remember to mute my music next time!

It doesn't on Calvary. You always get error when you tried to paste it on every Ninode. Here's a proof:

Attachments

• BoerCommando.rar
    302.2 KB · Views: 117
Yes, I said this in the video IIRC. NifSwaps on Cavalry take more work.

The main issue is that you need to rename all the bones under skinInstance from BIP to Bip01. You also need to rename L Forearm and R Forearm to L ForeArm and R ForeArm

Basically all the bones need the same name.

I might be able to make a video but this week is crazy busy. We will see.

Happy Holidays topsecret!

Thank you very much for all these wonderful tutorials. I'm still practicing the basics and building up my skillset - should keep me busy and out of trouble through the New Year :)

Wishing you and yours a tasty-delicious Turkey Day~

Last edited:
Gracias! I am busy over here with Thanksgiving but I will do my best to get back in to it.

And I will take a look at what you have, Malayan, if I can.

Whew, I don't think I can eat any more... Do you wanna take some of these leftovers home with you? Haha. Hope you had a nice, relaxing day with the family :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom