[TUTORIAL] Video Tutorials on Modding Civ4

How do you do nifswaps when the two NIF files are organised differently without getting a "failed to map parent link NiNode˃Scene Root" error? For example, I'm trying to copy/paste seZereth's Chaos Marauder model into the vanilla Skirmisher file so I can get a Marauder javelineer:

Spoiler :

Open up #16 in the Skirmisher file and find NiSkinInstance underneath.

That should have a "child" with a name that doesn't have BIP on the front. That is what the program is looking for but can't find. It's probably named "MD", "MD NonAccum", or "MaliSkirmisher."

Whatever it's named, in the Chaos Marauder, rename the #3 node in Chaos Marauder to the same as that "child" node of NiSkinInstance of the file you want to swap into.

The program is essentially looking for a "Parent Node" to attach to but can't find it.

Unless you're referring to 0NiNode, I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about:

Spoiler :

In the meantime, here is the file:

Attachments

• Chaos_Marauder_Javelineer.rar
    337.1 KB · Views: 13
OK, it was actually much simpler than that.

1. In the Chaos Marauder File, click the mesh, right click -> Copy Block.

2. In the skirmisher file, click the mesh, go up to "7 NiNode - MD NonAccum" and Paste Branch.

Screenshot (6).png

OK, it was actually much simpler than that.

1. In the Chaos Marauder File, click the mesh, right click -> Copy Block.

2. In the skirmisher file, click the mesh, go up to "7 NiNode - MD NonAccum" and Paste Branch.
I did exactly that, but it didn't work, prompting me to post my issue here. Maybe it's the version of NIFSkope I'm using?

I use an older version, for sure.
Okay, so I used 2.0.0 Pre-Alpha 6 to do the Nifswap, and while it works fine in-game, now textures don't show up at all in NIFSkope, even if I try checking the "Show Textures" option in the Render menu (it doesn't work; nothing gets checked and nothing changes if I click on it):

Attachments

• 2022-10-17 (7).png
    2022-10-17 (7).png
    303.2 KB · Views: 16
Okay, so I used 2.0.0 Pre-Alpha 6 to do the Nifswap, and while it works fine in-game, now textures don't show up at all in NIFSkope, even if I try checking the "Show Textures" option in the Render menu (it doesn't work; nothing gets checked and nothing changes if I click on it):
Did you copy the textures from the Marauder folder to the new folder?

Not sure though... I will keep looking.
I Will recheck.
]I'm also having an issue where the game crashes about 10 turns in. I have pinpointed the issue to when I create a new class unit (like a tank destroyer or Light Tank). The class looks good. It shows up on the civilpedia. The art for my unit looks good. And I created a unit (Tank Destroyer) that looks like it works too. The only thing I notice is sometimes it says that the Tank Destroyer can upgrade to both a Mech Infantry & a Heavy Footman. Would this be the source of the crash or a random coincidence?

Top Bottom