[TUTORIAL] Video Tutorials on Modding Civ4

Ya that's what I did. I believe. But it's like it's not working somehow. My Gimp has been very glitchy, maybe that's part of the issue?
You can download the new one if you can get the .dds plugin, I need to research and do a video for that too

You can download the new one if you can get the .dds plugin, I need to research and do a video for that too
At first it seemed like the dds plugin was working but It's not. i had to save the file then open it with photopea to transform it into a dds. On gimp it said it was a dds but it wasn't.

I'll try to make a video on this. It should be <5 minute video
Ya, I tried to mess with the modular mods as well inside of my LoR Mod with the Soviet Union. I must be doing something wrong because I can get them to load up as a separate mod and work fine. However, when I add them to LoR they either do not work properly or one will work but it will offset the other so that multiple modular mods (new nations) will not work together. I keep checking the modular mod = 1 code and them seems fine. I noticed that some mods work only in a folder that is "Custom Civilizations" and others work only in "Custom_Civilizations" and they often offset each other. I'm rather confused atm lol.

Ya, I tried to mess with the modular mods as well inside of my LoR Mod with the Soviet Union. I must be doing something wrong because I can get them to load up as a separate mod and work fine. However, when I add them to LoR they either do not work properly or one will work but it will offset the other so that multiple modular mods (new nations) will not work together. I keep checking the modular mod = 1 code and them seems fine. I noticed that some mods work only in a folder that is "Custom Civilizations" and others work only in "Custom_Civilizations" and they often offset each other. I'm rather confused atm lol.
I gotcha. I might be able to do something tomorrow night.

Hello Arizona, I finally got a chance to look at the files. None of them are 64x64, they're all smaller than that.

You need to:
1. Make icon 55x55
2. Paste in blank canvas 64x64
3. Paste outline over 64x64.

The final file size must be 64x64

I think the issue you're running into is step 2.

Make a new 64x64 "image" that's blank after you're done making it 55x55. Like a whole new image.

Then you can paste the 55x55 and then the outline onto the 64x64 file.

I think the issue you're running into is step 2.

Make a new 64x64 "image" that's blank after you're done making it 55x55. Like a whole new image.

Then you can paste the 55x55 and then the outline onto the 64x64 file.
I got it working now, thanks! one of the issues I having was that the .dds plugin with gimp is not working properly.

I'll try to make a video on this. It should be <5 minute video
When you get a chance I'd still love a video about adding multiple modular civs in the same mod. Example adding Nazi Germany, Canada, & Austria into LoR.
I can add a few modular Civs into LoR. others don't show up at all or some newly added civs make some other added modular civs disappear. Some Modular civs only show up when in a 'Custom_Civilizations' folder. Others only show up in 'Custom Civilizations'.

When you get a chance I'd still love a video about adding multiple modular civs in the same mod. Example adding Nazi Germany, Canada, & Austria into LoR.
I can add a few modular Civs into LoR. others don't show up at all or some newly added civs make some other added modular civs disappear. Some Modular civs only show up when in a 'Custom_Civilizations' folder. Others only show up in 'Custom Civilizations'.
Oh I forgot! I'm hoping to do one soon when I get a chance.

Had some dental work done and my mouth is hurting, but I'm going to be fine tomorrow I think.

Come remind me if I don't make the video by Saturday...

Hey topsecret, great to hear from you! I weally hope your teef are okay. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :hug:

Another great vid, thanks topsecret! Much gratitude for explaining file path structures and modular loading. But you're gonna spoil us with these slick production values :cooool:

Top Bottom