[GS] [VidLP] Darwin Plays - Matthias of Hungary - Emperor

Darwin420

Darwin Plays Video Games
Hello and welcome to Darwin Plays Video Games!

This is my second Video Let's Play of Civilization 6: Gathering Storm. In this game, we will be playing as Matthias Corvinus of Hungary. Because of Hungary's city-state specific abilities, the goal is to become suzerain of as many city-states as possible. We will then lead all those wonderful armies to glorious victory.

Game Setup:
- Standard map and settings
- Max city-states
- Random opponents
- Emperor difficulty

All videos will also be posted on my YouTube Channel: Darwin Plays Video Games
The complete playlist will be posted here: Civ 6 - Gathering Storm - Matthias Corvinus

Not sure where to find the save file in the Steam folders.. will happily post the Turn 0 save if I can find it!

Feel free to drop a line and let me know what you think, either on here or on YouTube. Even though I've been playing Civilization since the first one, I make mistakes and I am most definitely not a min/max player. If there's a handy tip or trick you'd like to share, I would love to know!

Thank you so much in advance!

Episode 01: Dawn of Hungary

We find ourselves rather isolated in the world.

Episode 02: Multiple Wars

Hungary finally meets some neighbors - and boy are they crazy!

Episode 03: Multiple Wars

Matthias finds himself caught in a war with two stronger nations. Will Hungary defeat the hordes at the gate?

Episode 04: River of Babylon

Matthias leads his armies to glory against the superior foe!

Episode 05: Southern Siege

Matthias takes the war to Alexander. Is the tide turning?

Episode 06: Pest in Our Time

After a long period of war, Matthias pushes the empire forward to settle new lands.

Episode 07: Jebel Barkal

Matthias brings new prosperity to Hungary with the completion of Jebel Barkal!

Episode 08: Cry Havoc

As the Empire expands, Matthias begins preparations for the next war. And this time it will be on HIS terms.

Episode 09: Dogs of War

The Macedonian menace must be stopped before it becomes a problem again.

Episode 10: Burning Alexandroupoli

Matthias marches into Macedon. Will he be victorious?

Episode 11: Fall of Macedon

Matthias stands victorious!

Episode 12: 1000 Year Flood

They claimed it wouldn't happen in our lifetime, but disaster strikes Hungary!

Episode 13: The Folly of Mali

What do you call it when a really small nation angers a really large nation? The Folly of Mali!

Episode 14: Another One Bites The Dust

The bards will be singing about this for millennia!

Episode 15: Golden Spike

The Iron Horse is embraced by Matthias and thus begins an era of infrastructure advancement in Hungary.

Episode 16: Circumnavigation

Hungary is the first to navigate 'round the globe. Now we can come at our enemies from both sides...

I've started games as Hungary and in almost every one of them, I'm very isolated, with no CS and no AI nearby. Interesting that this game started out the same way.

It did put a downer on the first part of the game, although it quickly became a bonus!

Episode 17: Thermal Bath

Matthias commissions a unique building for the Empire.

Top Bottom