Village loot probability

pontypool

Chieftain
Is there a way I can modify the code of the game so that when I explore a village I will get a greater chance of getting one kind of loot but a lesser chance of getting another (like a map)
If I did alter this rule too, would that effect computer discoveries too?
Thx

Hmm, and I suppose the next question is.. "How do I get infinite lives?" :p

wioneo said:
That is cheating...

obsolete said:
Hmm, and I suppose the next question is.. "How do I get infinite lives?" :p
Whoa...you can get infinite lives in CiV?
/sarcasm

As long as he's not submitting game results for tournaments or official contests, calling this cheating is shortsighted.
A ton of people create mods for CiV to tweak it to their preferences, to add things they wish had been included or change current systems - do you go into the Creation and Customization forum and troll all those threads as well?

Whatever he modifies, will affect the AI opponents as well.

So, no, it's not cheating. It's modding.

50_dollar_bag said:
To get infinate lives you hold down the CTRL+ALT+DEL buttons simultaneously for 5 secs.

:rotfl: :nono:

And I just want to say I don't really care if someone modifies some parameters, even if it's all in their advantage. Lest they come and brag about it without telling us about the modifications just let them play the game they want to play.

A week ago, I got two settlers in a row from the first two villages next to my start city.

Was pretty neat, but I doubt I'll ever get that lucky again. :D

Big advantage to having 3 cities that early.

where is the handicap info file in warlords? i cant seem to find it anywhere on my pc!

id suggest making a copy of that xmal file and using it in custum assets or in a mod file rather than changing the base one in the game <the larger mods all seem to have altererted this file to one extenet or the other> eheh and even i have when im playing "unmodded version" i think gettging maps from the viallages is just wastefull id rather see more hmmn barbarian uprisings coming from a village than maps

so i drop my modified handicapinfo file in custom assets and it overules the main handicap file?

If you find the game too hard it's easier to go to world builder and add some nice resources ie gold in your capital 4 gold mine could do and extra food and when you learn how to play you don't have to do anything modification. Just my suggestion

Modification isn't always about the difficulty. Sometimes it is (I've modified Monarch level to be a bit easier, but still clearly harder than Prince), but it can also be to change the flavour of the game.

The tribal huts can be popped for some random result. AI and human player get equal shot at the huts. I can easily understand tweaking the hut results (eg. switch one map to one small gold, whatever). Not a big deal.

However, any time you're talking about a game (especially if talking about the results), you should note the modifications as well.

On WB-fun: sometimes it's fun to play around with WB. Ever added 12 huts on your capitol's border so that when it gets the first border pop, they are all popped (and as they're popped by city borders, it's a completely safe pop)? Fun, although of course that'd make the game a lot easier.

Top Bottom