Virote's Ancient Greek Scenario

Hey, guys, I'm thinking of changing a couple of *important* things. The first one is the Victory Point condition(s). Here's what I'm thinking:
-Victory Point location in Rome. No more VPL in Jerusalem.
-Victory point locations will now require 2 VPL's throughout the entire game to win
-ONE VPL in Mycenae
-Flags must now be returned to the capital
-Flags now give +30 gold upon returning to capital, and +25 VP's (1000 VP's needed to win)
-The "Golden Fleece" victory condition is now a "Quest" victory condition, whereby the player must collect as many valuable items as they can and return them to its capital. Items would include things like the Golden Fleece, of course, but I'll try to put enough in for all civs in that condition to win.
-Trojan Horse is now an immobile (and really strong) unit stationed outside Troy that captures VP's. It, however, cannot carry them, so the player will need a large supply of units to carry them back to Mycenae.
-Various other would-be Dom/Conq. civs will be moved to collect VP's for various reasons, and via various methods...

And the 2nd thing is to do with locked alliances:
How would everyone feel if Troy (Phrygia) was at war with Hatti, too? I think it ould be workable as Troy trying to break off from Hatti. To help, another civ could be in a locked alliance against Hatti, for example, Lydia or Phoenicia (trying to break away). In fact, (trying not to go too far...) Lydia AND Phoenicia could be in a locked alliance against Hatti, trying to secure their independance.

That's option 1. Option 2 could be:
1. Keep the alliance between Troy and Mycenae
2. Have an alliance between "bigger" civs, Persia and Assyria. Assyria would need Persia, anyway (for their resource, which would let Assyria build "tribute" units), and Persia would find Assyria useful (for help with their Domination victory that they have). The only problem I have with option 2, atm, is that it could just lead to the serious weakening of BOTH civs, which is something that I wouldn't like...

Well, I seem to remember reading in wikipedia that it was a vassal of Hatti. Hmm... speaking of Ethiopia, I have an idea...

TEAM MYCENAE
Mycenae
Thebes (The Mycenaeans REALLY need an ally ;))
Doric? (with plenty of Hidden-Nationality Backstab action :lol:)
(At war with Troy+Allies+the Evil alliance)

TROJAN ALLIES
Troy
Ethiopia
Amazons
Thrace
Lydia (Neo-Hittites attacking their former ancestors ;))
(At war with Team Mycenae, The Evil Mutual Alliance and Persia)

THE EVIL MUTUAL ALLIANCE OF HATTI AND ASSYRIA
Hatti
Assyria
(At war with ALL)

PERSIA AND FRIENDS (Note: Persia has no friends)
Persia
(At war with the Trojan Allies and the Mutual Alliance)

Although the alliances may seem completely lopsided (Ethiopia vs. Mycenae, Hatti+Assyria against the world...) by placing border guards, etc., it could actually turn very balanced...

Front page updated. Current changes made:
(Front Page:)
-Changed the leaders of Sparta and Argos. Their old leaders will become the battle-generated "Hero" names.
-Updated civ info to include correct civs/traits

(Scenario:)
-Removed Thebes from Mycenaean alliance (Thrace's closeness was a bit too bug a disadvantage)
-Changed Irrigation to "Klaroi" (the Spartan allotments). This is only a visual change, and workers must still "irrigate" to make a Klaroi.
-Completed changing "Space Ship" to "Heracles' Labors" and equivalents.
-Devised what Imps/SW's/GW's each Greek god will have in their name.
-Changed the tech tree layout, although it still needs to be edited some more.

Immediate to-do list:
-Add all 12 Labors of Heracles and the "Apollo Project" equivalent before I run out of Improvement spaces!
-Sort out VP victory, Trojan Horse, VPL's, etc.

EDIT: I'm also throwing open for interesting ideas involving:
-Pollution (and cleaning it ;))
-Railroads
-Airfields, Airlifting and Paradroping (I'm thinking of giving the Airlift functions to mostly Persian units, by making improvements that represent the "Royal Road", and other roads)
-Teleport
-Nukes (I was thinking of giving them to Centaur after they have access to Wines, and late in the game)
-Air units, and air defense, etc.
-Barbarians (that they also use quite effectively!)
-Goody Huts (Dunno if they should be in or not... Doubt it.)

My immediate to-do list is done, AND I've finished the Ancient Age tech tree, including where the flavored techs will be placed (although governments may be added at a later date, when I work out how I'm going to get them to work, as I don't want every civ to access every gov't, but I don't want to have to triple the amount of gov'ts, just so that I can flavor them.)

Anyway, here's the WIP screen for the tech tree posted on the front page. I, II and III are flavoured to a specific group of civs, and IV, V and VI are civ-specific.

Virote, I'm afraid I won't be able to help with your unit, for a while at least. My cousin is fixing my computer, and I won't get it back for a least a week (friggin' blue screen of death...). I may be able to help you later, sorry.

Will do.

But right now, all I need is to:
1. Finish arranging the tech tree for eras 3-4
2. Add in all the religious-based wonders that everyone can build (if they have the required resources!)
3. Flavor away!

haha, looks like a great scenario... figures i would find this. I was trying to base my scenario off of one that no one has done before, so i was going to do the Peloponessian War, circa 425 BC, (with alot of stuff similar to yours) but it looks like you beat me to the punch. Well, i don't feel that bad tho, since after all, this was my first mod, and i am still lost in alot of things, like how to get olive oil and quarry on the same units_32 file, or at least have all olive oil, quarry, and silver have their own unit_32 file without having to use like aluminum for some... well, now to think of another one to start

PS-looks really good

Thanks. :)

Have you thought about using the resources.pcx file that came with the Rise of Rome conquest? That should have everything that you need to start, IIRC.

Also, do you have any graphics software that can handle .pcx files? (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, The GIMP)? If you do, then you can edit the resource file in your scenario to your liking, instead. :)

Good luck on your first mod!

Top Bottom