Vote on use of CA II and Mapstat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
DaveShack has proposed to delete CA II and mapstat as prohibited utilities. From what I know of this team this should be voted as a "yes". I had Ainwood and Dianthus post in the thread and they can't see any type of spoiler info that might be available to manipulate the game.

2.2 - Save Manipulation

Description: No team or individual is permitted to use the PBEM save games or other files to obtain information or alter any in-game element. This includes monitoring or altering memory while the game is loaded. Using MapStat or CivAssist II or such utilities is also prohibited.

Definition: An individual scanning or monitoring loaded files into memory or altering a file can obtain location information and more, they can even alter in game data.

Purpose: To prevent the use of outside game elements to break the spirit of the game by allowing someone to outright cheat.

Verdict: Using these or any other methods that allows altering the in-game content through any means is a violation of this rule

my vote yes

Yes, hell yes!!

I vote with a resounding yes. I figure we can leave this open till tomorrow.

I just downloaded CA II. Boy does it look cool. I vote yes as well.

KB

If we didn't have Tubby, I'd vote no. But since he is on our team I have to vote yes. How many more amazing things will he be able to deduce?

Not much. The extent of my powers end at anything useful ;) :lol:

OK we vote yes to adding the utilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom