Wang Kon, Hemispheres, Normal

My 1ad ...
Spoiler :

I just spammed settlers. Picked up the pyramids to get us into HR and my second city was the horse fish wheat city which just finished Colossus. I'm going to research archery now because the Khmer just decided to prepare to attack me. PRO will be useful!

Took a stab at the start myself. Up to 1AD so far:

Spoiler :

Empire shots, north to south:

I just captured the barb city with pigs and rice to the northeast, for a total of 10 cities. In a few turns i'll have two more settlers to plant the marked northern spots to bring me up to 12. No wonders yet, but I'm going to try to build a quick Hanging Gardens in the capital after the library finishes naturally. And I have an academy in the capital.

Tech path went Ag -> Bronze -> Pottery, delaying AH for a while since I could pick up cities with grain for food easy enough. My first city was settled 2N of the pigs, and I shared all the excess food while growing onto shared cottages and chopping & whipping settlers / workers. Then i went to writing, then to monarchy, and I've just picked up Maths. After Alphabet I hope to trade IW and research Calendar & Currency.

As for diplo, Sury & Pericles are fighting, so I may pick a side, or I may just peacefully build up to a good tech advantage.

Haha, there will be so much comparison available on this one :) Well done guys!
However, next update will be until ~550BC (When Peri got Alphabet)

Turn set 4:

Sorry for the delay i was really busy yesterday.
A short Turn set, I played until Peri got Alpha (650 BC).

Oracle went really late:

Spoiler :

I settled the copper city. I chose this spot over the fish/copper spot because the other city would take forever to develop and we don't need copper that urgently (we already have horses after). Plus, the city can start growing crazy as Pyongyang doesn;t need those Pigs.
Spoiler :

It's very easy to get Peri to pleased. This is the reason why you want to sign OB even with no trade routes.

Spoiler :

We start on our first Great Scientist. It's going to be a late one though :(

Spoiler :

The Barb city is captured with a loss of 1 Chariot only.

Spoiler :

Peri won't take this deal jsut yet. I think I'll just invest 1 Turn of 100% research in Alpha.

Spoiler :

We finally found Greek and Khmer borders.

Spoiler :

Land overview:

Spoiler :

Turn set 5:

Ok, I actually played this segment a couple of days ago but couldn't find time to write this report.

I started off by making this trade after one turn of 100% research investment into Alpha.

Spoiler :

Sury didn't even have Writing so I traded it to him for Hunting (the only thing he was willing to give for it)

Spoiler :

Finally this huge trade:

Spoiler :

And we seem to have a source of Iron near our capital.

Spoiler :

Trade network with Khmer was established.

Spoiler :

And finally get Sury to pleased.

Spoiler :

We settle our next city.

Spoiler :

Stupid Pericles decided to settle this insult:
Spoiler :

I'm sooo going to crush you with Maces/Trebs Peri.
We also spawn our first GS which I used for an Academy (no screenie :( )

More trading with Peri.
Spoiler :

And Sury went into WHEOOHRN mode. I'm scouting both of his nearby cities so I'll know exactly what's going against me. Border cities are being reinforced in the meantime.

Spoiler :

Sury is only Pleased with Peri so it's 50/50 although my power rating is slightly lower so I'd say I'm the target.

Spoiler :

We reach currency and use it to trade for Calendar.

Spoiler :

More trading:

Spoiler :

Two more cities are settled

Spoiler :

We buy some more time with this request

Spoiler :

Peri is a greedy bastard. He refused.

Spoiler :

And finally MONARCHY!

Spoiler :

Time for some rapid capital growth!

Spoiler :

One more trade

Spoiler :

Land overview:

Spoiler :

(the capital hasn't been micro'ed yet so ignore it please :D)

I'm sorry for not providing 1AD save but my empire was in Anarchy...

Attachments

• Wang Kon AD-0025.CivBeyondSwordSave
    180.3 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom