Want an easy way to play Civ V online? Say hello to Giant Multiplayer Robot! (GMR)

So the problem might be from my side, but I have no idea why I can play any of my 20+ games but not this specific one :(

I'm almost certain it's due to some issues with GMR in the last week. It also seems to only happen on games with larger save files (> 1.5MB) which is probably why you only experience in a particular game. I haven't been able to verify this though.

Not sure if this is the place to post but The Big Gamble may need to be reverted twice. It's still CTD for me.

Does it CTD if you download the save from the website? I just downloaded it from the website and was able to load it into your turn successfully. Let me know.

My Into the Renaissance game simply won't let me open my turn. It refuses to initialize.

Does it work if you download the save file from the website? I just did that and it loaded into your turn successfully. Let me know :)

I'll do it now. Also, maybe adding a zip and unzip step to GMR would be a fix for the issue.

Hmm tried it again and it is still crashing for this and Luciferkid's G&K game.

Reverted two steps as requested...see what happens.

Hi Mel, having the crash problem on the game Quick Earth 2 (turn downloads fine, then CiV crashes during loading) ... tried both downloading through GMR and manually downloading from the web site, crashed both times ...

Is is just me, or the GMR site is very slow today? It takes me 5 real minutes to change page when I click anything :wow:

Hey guys, we have been experiencing some really strange performance issues with our website for the last five days or so. We can manually restart it but within a few hours it's become overwhelmed. It's most likely due to a process or resource leak somewhere but as of now we haven't been able to find it. Brian and I are both doing what we can to figure it out and get us back to normal operation. I apologize for the inconvenience this puts on you guys, especially those of you who have been generous enough to support us.

In addition to this performance degradation we've also been seeing a much higher than usual rate of "corrupted" save files and at this time I believe the two issues are linked. The save file corruption seems to be on our end and only happens in certain games. Like the server performance issue we're doing our best to troubleshoot it, making tweaks, testing them, and repeating until it's fixed.

I thank you for your patience and feedback as we work through this. I'll personally check out the save files for any game that is experiencing a CTD, just in case they can shed any more light on the situation, but so far none have. Reverting and trying a turn again is unfortunately the best option we have at the moment :(

Keep me posted either here or by email (support@multiplayerrobot.com) of anything you guys notice that doesn't seem to be working. Speaking of which, are you still getting email spammed by our service Islandia?

Hey guys, we have been experiencing some really strange performance issues with our website for the last five days or so. We can manually restart it but within a few hours it's become overwhelmed. It's most likely due to a process or resource leak somewhere but as of now we haven't been able to find it. Brian and I are both doing what we can to figure it out and get us back to normal operation. I apologize for the inconvenience this puts on you guys, especially those of you who have been generous enough to support us.

In addition to this performance degradation we've also been seeing a much higher than usual rate of "corrupted" save files and at this time I believe the two issues are linked. The save file corruption seems to be on our end and only happens in certain games. Like the server performance issue we're doing our best to troubleshoot it, making tweaks, testing them, and repeating until it's fixed.

I thank you for your patience and feedback as we work through this. I'll personally check out the save files for any game that is experiencing a CTD, just in case they can shed any more light on the situation, but so far none have. Reverting and trying a turn again is unfortunately the best option we have at the moment :(

Keep me posted either here or by email (support@multiplayerrobot.com) of anything you guys notice that doesn't seem to be working. Speaking of which, are you still getting email spammed by our service Islandia?

It stopped! My email box is pristine again...err well at least it is in its previous condition; I won't speak for the purity of the actual inbox :crazyeye:

Game still won't run, even from the file on the website downloaded, and I have not a clue as to why.

Game still won't run, even from the file on the website downloaded, and I have not a clue as to why.

This is most strange, I'm able to download your turn from the website and load it just fine. You're playing CiV on WIndows correct? And your CiV is patched to the latest version through Steam?

Hey Mel, could you take a peek at the current turn for Glass Multimer Reporter? No matter what we do (multiple reversions) it still keeps crashing when it gets to me. Thanks!

This is most strange, I'm able to download your turn from the website and load it just fine. You're playing CiV on WIndows correct? And your CiV is patched to the latest version through Steam?

Its up to the latest hotfix. Just will no longer load.

I have not been able to make a turn for about 24+ hours. I have been having very slow loading of the webpage on 2 computers + iPhone as well as frequent errors when uploading and downloading turns from the app. Sometimes things work fine but I am having many, frequent error with GMR. I know that others have been having problems. I believe that the problem is not on my end. Mel if it is on my end please let me know what I am doing wrong. If not, is there anything I can do to help you fix it?

Edit: Just started working flawlessly.:)

I have not been able to make a turn for about 24+ hours. I have been having very slow loading of the webpage on 2 computers + iPhone as well as frequent errors when uploading and downloading turns from the app. Sometimes things work fine but I am having many, frequent error with GMR. I know that others have been having problems. I believe that the problem is not on my end. Mel if it is on my end please let me know what I am doing wrong. If not, is there anything I can do to help you fix it?

Edit: Just started working flawlessly.:)

Hey Michael see my post here. We're experiencing off and on performance issues with our server. This is almost certainly what is causing timeouts or issues when downloading/uploading turns as well as the website being slow. I'm positive it's nothing on your end, just some sickness with GMR that I'm doing my best to diagnose and cure :)

Hey Mel, could you take a peek at the current turn for Glass Multimer Reporter? No matter what we do (multiple reversions) it still keeps crashing when it gets to me. Thanks!

Oh man, this is weird. I just downloaded your turn for that game from the website and it loaded up just fine in CiV. Can I try emailing it to you and seeing if it works? That would help me identify whether the problem resides in GMR or CiV.

Top Bottom