War issues (units advancing abnormally)

tantoniou

Warlord
Any ideas how can the Indian units advance that quick inside my territory? some of them moved 4 tiles or more in enemy territory (mine) without having any relevant promotions. Check the first two attached images to see the advance. I remember this being a bug of a certain civic, allowing the enemy to take advantage of open border situation to use my country's road network, but I thought it was fixed in a revision (I'm currently playing on 1076).
This tactic to spread the units by the AI was devastating to these cities by the way, they practically pillaged almost everything, and it was really stressfull to deal with it (never seen the AI bring an all out war like this). Later on, the AI used a death stack of more than 200 units (mostly ACV's) in a not so capable way, and I got to exterminate the stack much easier.

Another issue I had in this game, was a unit health problem. Take notice in the following screenshot, the 2nd strike fighter and the two sam acv's have only a fraction of their health bars green, but they cannot heal!!! and thus, when trying to use them to offence, I clearly got lousy odds. I had to forget them for a couple of turns (if they survived as defenders) till they acted normally again. Is this some kind of unit fatigue I am not aware of?

The commando bug keeps popping up. It's not unknown but it seems to be really difficult to quash permanently. You should post a save game to see about the healing issues.

Here's the savegame of that particular turn. You can find the units in the Augsburg city.
I remember seeing the same healing issue much more intense again in a later turn when I was playing the game, but I can't remeber when exactly, and due to a recent format I now have the 1079 rev. and can't replay those saves.

Attachments

• Tasos AD-1952-Fall.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
Actually I just loaded this save to the 1079 rev. and I think the recalculation undid the health issue :yuck:

Top Bottom