War less a war declaration

grasslands into tundra? That semms a little bit illogically, cause in real world it wont snow when its becoming warm, normally...i thought forest/jungle -> tundra/grasslands/plains and tundra-> grasslands-> plains->desert/floodplains, or am i wrong?

As I recall, it's random. There was an change path for terrain in Civ2, but not in 3.

cool! I just had a global warming situation of a coast tile trasformed to a desert!
Is that a bug or possible?

and the other good thing of global warming: At the beginning i had a city between two rivers. Then global warming changed all in flood plain, almost every city square, so i hat a population of 46, with enough food!

YAARRRR 'tis a mirage!

My bet is that one of those "plains" tiles that borders the coast and is mostly water on the tile, turned to one of the finger-like "desert" tiles that stick out into the coastal tiles for whatever reason. I've had that happen a few times... but trust me, it wasn't a coastal tile reverting to desert. (Global warming causes sea level to RISE, not fall!)

Ok here it is!

Attachments

• Bild 5.png
    Bild 5.png
    299.6 KB · Views: 93
Nice dry-dock. Could you move the ironclad back into the water?

Oddly, that was exactly the scenario in Clive Cussler's novel Sahara-- A Civil War-era ironclad marooned in the desert. With the mummified corpse of President Abe Lincoln aboard. Yeah it was that weird. To duplicate it in Civ you'd need to mod the game so that you could take the leader prisoner instead of just killing him.
Edit: And mod the ironclad so that it had unit-carrying capacity.

"but, but... sir! The ocean just dried-up out from under me! Its not my fault!!"

Nice. One of the more entertaining bugs around. It would be more interesting to test and see if your ships can move on it as well as land units... it looks like it's railroaded?

i just tried it: It wont drive around on the land, but i can move it in the sea. It isnt able to drive back on the desert tile, its like land mass :)

Top Bottom