War question

Tiger_Nation

Warlord
vague title i know but oh well.
I have a map where i am easily winning and i want to get a first conquest victory (only my second game). I have recently taken all of the known cities of the romans and i don't think they have a city anywheer else on the map. I am 99.99% sure of this. Does this mean, as it used too, that they have a settler on some transport roaming around annoying me and ruining my plan? Also does anyone have any tips for this that are not just build an enourmous navy and roam please?
Ta in advance.

Well, you need to KNOW that you've taken all of their cities, before you can be sure, now, don't you?

Are you playing on more than one continent? The AI often spreads out to every available continent...

yeah that sounds like the only chance i've got thanks

I know i have taken all of their cities on there home continent for sure and in diplomacy they don't have any cities listed and i'm 99.99% sure that the other two continents (v small) are dominated by one country (i don't have up to date maps but am very sure really.

The capital city is never listed in the diplomacy screen, so, that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have any cities...I'm pretty sure they managed to escape from you and are hiding out in some pathetic little burg somewhere.

If they didn't have a city left, you'd be unable to initiate diplomacy with them anyway.

He probably plunked down a city somewhere before you took their last.
You'll need to locate it and finish it off.

If the Romans have a score greater than 0 and you can still initiate diplomacy with them, they have more cities.

I've said before but i really don't think they have a city. The coninent i am on has no available spaces and the other two i don't think have as they are dominated by one civ each, it is almost impossible for the to have a city.

They have a city for sure. It is mentioned in the manual somewhere, and I noticed it too, that when you take their last city that civilization is destroyed even if they had units (including settlers) roaming somewhere. All their units vanish when you take their last city. Check the other continents.

Also, sometimes there's a tiny area off the icepack. If all available spaces on the rest of the world are occupied, the AI will go to these otherwise worthless chunks of rock.

Have you revealed the entire globe map? If so, it should be easy to check to see if there's ANY possible city spot (besides those on the 3 continents you describe).

Wodan

yes i have the entire globemap but i can't see any land off the ice but a closer look may be required. I know there he two other continents as well but they are very old maps of where they have their cities and it is very wrong now. They have many gaps but the map is about 500years old and they will have more than likely expanded to fill them by now. However occasionally they have been invaded and had cities razed so that might be it. However (again) I can't remember if they used to even have a port on the ocean, pressumably they must have but i can't see it. I may post an image if people think it will help.

I'd say just ignore caesar and his one city for now, start working on eliminating the other civs, and you can come back to him later, once you actually eliminate those other civs you'll probably find him.

He's probably on a one tile island somewhere just to piss you off. If the score isn't 0, he's still alive.

In m-player game I captured a guys last city while he had a ship with a settler on it and the settler disappeared along with the ship..viola game over. So he has to have another city somewhere, and like others have said the capital never shows up on the diplomacy page.

trade him peace for a world map, then use the 10 turns to send ships over.

I just finished a game with a similer situation. Per chance it was also Rome. Found the remaining two tile city tucked in america on it's coast. I was also certain the last city I took would finish him off but there still that one remaining city.

Good hunting!!!

Once you invent Satellites whole map will be revealed.
You think you have chance to discover Sattelites while destroying that... uh.. two other continent dominating civs?

as stated before, everything goes when the last city goes.

force peace, get his world map and blast him latter

Top Bottom