War Weariness: Metrics?

the_elf

Warlord
Since installing BtS, I've noticed that I can view other civs' war weariness "score" when mousing over their name on the scoreboard. However, there is no way to see my own war weariness score. Is this tabulated on one of the advisors somewhere that I am just missing?

Also, what does "War Weariness: 113" mean? Is that +2 :mad: per city? Does that mean I need to press on until it becomes "War Weariness: 237" before suing for peace? Have any of the math/XML wizards figured these scores out?

That number is meaningless to me... I just know that the higher it is, the worse it is for my cities.

Is it your war weariness level as caused by conflict with that civ?

After you've made peace with someone and then start a war with someone else your war weariness starts from zero. If you make war on the same person again your war weariness resumes from a higher level. So maybe it's showing the counter that defines this.

I am sure that this "score" is a measure of how much war weariness other civs have. What I want to know is 1) where I can find my (a human player's) war weariness score, and 2) what the numbers actually mean. Does a war weariness of 100 equal 1 :mad:, or does it mean 10% of the population will be :mad:? That's what I would really like to know.

I figured this would be a pretty quick thread with all of the math and XML wizards out there. :D

I am sure that this "score" is a measure of how much war weariness other civs have. What I want to know is 1) where I can find my (a human player's) war weariness score, and 2) what the numbers actually mean. Does a war weariness of 100 equal 1 :mad:, or does it mean 10% of the population will be :mad:? That's what I would really like to know.

I figured this would be a pretty quick thread with all of the math and XML wizards out there. :D

1) I think the number when you hover over another civs score is the WW in your cities caused by being at war with them. It wouldn't make sense to be able to know everyone elses WW without knowing your own, but I could be wrong.

2) If you feel like a long read, then try here, I don't know if it still the same in BtS, but it should give you an idea, even if the numbers are slightly different.

^ is probably right, your WW is Individual for each other civ

Basic rule is that a successful conquest Or defense of areas not originally yours can lead to war weariness

as for the #
the :( is equal to City Population * all WW scores * multiplier)

so 100 WW may = 1 :( in a pop 10 city andd 2 :( in a pop 20 city

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the link to that article. And I now understand that the score is "WW with X, WW with Y, and WW with Z." :)

1) I think the number when you hover over another civs score is the WW in your cities caused by being at war with them. It wouldn't make sense to be able to know everyone elses WW without knowing your own, but I could be wrong.

2) If you feel like a long read, then try here, I don't know if it still the same in BtS, but it should give you an idea, even if the numbers are slightly different.

Are you sure? I was in a monumentally long war with Persia once, and they managed to nick a few Infantry once in a while at the cost of literally dozens of troops. Their war weariness was reaching 14 unhappy faces per city (I knew this courtesy of espionage). And their unhappiness rating was over 1500 if I remember correctly... thank you Statue of Zeus. I had a small bit of WW with them but 1500 is pretty high so I think that hovering over their face and seeing 1500 means that that's their WW with you.

Top Bottom