Warhammer 40k mod development thread

Weapons are up... and almost working. I have everything done apart from the AI code, and the text. Also have to do the graphics, but that shouldn't be too tricky if I don't find any problems with the method I was using before.

Got bored while compiling, so event manager is now modern.

Interface is also receiving a modernising in the way that it is handled. So far I haven't done any more screens, but I'm making it alot more pluggable with any other interface changes that people happen to make.

Hey TGA,

Will this new updated version of the mod get rid of whatever it was stopping the game before? Or now you are back should i be bug-hunting the last release again?

mrkingkong

PS. Im sure you know where to go for at least one beta tester ;)

PPS. Be sure to check out the Flavour Mod when it comes out (hopefully only a few weeks from first public beta!--sorry for the brief threadjack! :p )

Yes, it's fixed now. It wasn't at all what I was expecting it to be.

I've still got one or two bugs I want to fix before emailing it out to people in preperation for the first release version - at the moment I'm having troubles removing barbarians. I've also got to finish off the interface, though that's not major.

Pretty much finished the weapons mod. Only a few graphics and the 'pedia to go. Implementation is very much like promotions, but different...

Super news TGA. So long as the leaders aren't named Bob Bobson, Tom Tomson, ect I'll be thrilled!

They won't be - I've use the names mrkingkong suggested earlier on in the thread.

Warlords has come at a most inconvienient time - I think I'm probably going to transfer all my work over to that format and carry on with that, I'm not near enough to (mostly) completion to do otherwise.

Is Warlords stuff backwards compatible with Vanilla Civ 4? I read something along the lines of "warlords is like a mod of Civ 4", in other words it has its own folder in the Civ 4 directory.
Therefore am i wrong to presume that anything that works with Warlords will with Vanilla, but anything that works with Vanilla will not necesarily work with Warlords?

mrkingkong

I don't know. I haven't tested it yet.

Vanilla stuff will work with Warlords, as you can just run Vanilla Civ. I don't know about the other way around.

mrkingkong said:
Is Warlords stuff backwards compatible with Vanilla Civ 4? I read something along the lines of "warlords is like a mod of Civ 4", in other words it has its own folder in the Civ 4 directory.
Therefore am i wrong to presume that anything that works with Warlords will with Vanilla, but anything that works with Vanilla will not necesarily work with Warlords?

mrkingkong
I haven't tried it but I think it would be the other way around. If you think about it - a mod for warlords could be relying on functionality that doesn't exist in vanilla and so regardless of xml compatibility or whatever else it just won't work in vanilla.

On the other hand vanilla mods just need to make sure they don't conflict with anything in warlords and (of course that might be awfully complicated to do for some of them, like FFH for example, but as long as you manage that) they should work fine.

I'm still actually deciding if to switch or not. I had decided to, but now I'm not so sure.

The advantages of Warlords is that there are some things I may want to use, however I may have to consider the compatabilty issues.

I might finish a vanilla version before converting. That way I'd work with the lastest warlords patch as well.

Well, id be in favour of you making a Vanilla version first, n then maybe convertin it to use with Warlords if there is a big enough demand.

I may however be influenced by not having any money to buy Warlords, and being stuck with Vanilla, but you know....:p

mrkingkong

hi tga, hope ur still going (or why does kingkong's sig say stalled?).
u should have done ur exams by now or am i mistaken? then u have more time to continue this mod right?
dont dare to dissappoint ur fans! :D

lol woops sorry bpsycho, that would be a mistake on my part :mischief:

Updated my sig to show this

mrkingkong

ps. TGA, iv got a few little items about my playtests that il submit but nothing major, and i rekon the only CTD i had was a freak occurence.I will, however, upload details to you in a PM.

pps. are there any artists currently workin on WH40k units that you know of?

-Is this mod going to be in the form of a scenario?

Because you are stuck with the troops you got as a marine...

And If contact with the rest of the Empire of Man is reestablished, the rock will surely be fusionbomber for the Chaos infested rathole that it is. ;)

-What are you going to do for promotions?
I can only think of Imperial seals or marks of Choas for marines,
maybe officers for human factions.

-Have you thought of adding Medics(etc) as seperate units?
-Dont forget Force/powerweapons! :eek:

(ps Sorry if all this has been mentioned earlier, I havent read the entire thread.)

I'll keep checking this thread.
Good job so far!

Top Bottom