Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

Lusikka755 said:
That little guy will have hard time pushing that huge cannon! :lol:
No he doesn't:
1. He's a chaos dwarf
2. The hellcannon moves all by itself. That's why in all except the run animations there are those chains to keep the cannon still - or rather the demon inside the cannon. :)

Very impressive. I know nothing about the Hellcannon, so as far as I'm aware it looks perfect. :)

The Hellcannon looks awesome. Even at civ-scale, it's a monster.

aaglo said:
...2. The hellcannon moves all by itself. That's why in all except the run animations there are those chains to keep the cannon still - or rather the demon inside the cannon. :)
Oh, I thought it was to keep the cannon steady for the recoil, and that the chains should be towards the front instead...

@Lusikka: :lol: you softie...

@aaglo

Now that I've gone over my unit lists for MoM 2.0, I notice there are a couple of units that would be very nice additions. :mischief: They are not needed absolutely as they would be replacement graphics for some not so fitting ones. I won't be terribly disappointed if they won't be made. :)

- a liche priest in more traditional fantasy style. The pharaoh liche is an excellent match apart from his wardrobe. This could have the exact same anims and such, just a different appearance (black robes, skull visible a'la the undead halberdier)
- Then there's a bit more far fetched idea. A treeman with a rock lobbing bombard attack as well as a melee attack. This might be useful for WH-mod as well - you could base the design on a wood elf treeman. Kindred's ent is nice, but lack of civ color is always something of a problem.

That looks spot on! Excellent!

Nice staff. My only tiny suggestion would be to make him a bit thinner - from the north and south views the model looks abnormally wide. It's not that noticeable, though, so if you don't want to bother with that, then... looks good. :)

man, you make these things faster than I can add them in... :)

So aalgo... Mind if Goldflash makes a few requests?

The Orcs need some artillery...

Maybe a Rock Lobber?

Or how about the Snotling Pump Wagon Its.. pretty intreresting looking... and you're good at Contraptions..

And what about a Kannon?

And Cavalry would be nice: I'm sure Embryodead could really use some Orc Boarboyz. The rider would be armed with an axe, naturally...

And Don't forget the fearsome Boar Chariot.

Thanks!

Goldflash said:
So aalgo... Mind if Goldflash makes a few requests?
No, I don't mind :)
I agree, that those units you mention would be great additions :) (altough I don't still get the idea of that snotling pump wagon. What is it good for? :lol: )

Now here's something different - i've never done one of these. A worker. Specifically a hobgoblin worker. The preview is nothing special, but since this is a preview thread, I thought that I might post one for this unit (I suppose making this takes quite a lot of time - lot's of different animations means lot's of wondering how the heck to pull those animations decently :lol: )

Have you changed the color since the last hobgoblins? Seems more... neon.

Is there a bit too much civ-color with the whole dress being civ-colored?

No, I haven't changed the skin colour. Now there's just more skin visible. There might be some different surface modifiers there, I'll edit them a bit to make it less 'luminous' :)

The civ-colouring is the same as with the civ3-worker. I thought that it could be an ok-idea for these workers :)

I love it! :D :D :D :D :D

Aboiut the Pump Wagon: I have NO Idea. It just looks cool

About the Worker here is a list of Animantions you'll need:

Run
Death
Build Road
Irrigate
Dig Mine
Build Fortress
Clear Forest
Clear Jungles
Clean Pollution
Plant Forest
Get Captured

However, many of these (Road, Irrigate, Mine, Clean) can be accomplished with one animation: Dig with the shovel. The Civ 3 Worker tills the ground with a hoe for irrigate and clean. Or, you could make a seperate animation for each action.

But I'm sure you knew all that.

Top Bottom