Warhammer fantasy units/graphics preview/development thread

Kinboat said:
I've already shown it to him and he seemed pleased... While I am making a fictional creature I have some problems putting barding on a pegasus. However would the poor creature fly ;)

Much more than pleased. I think it's great. :)
It matches perfectly what I would desire for a pegasus knight that could be applied to many different mods.

@aaglo, that undead chariot unit looks breathtaking. I can't wait for it to be done. :)

So, what's the next unit in line at the aaglo factory? I noticed you're getting back to ships as well, but I'd imagine you aren't (hopefully) bored yet with the land units.

Things are propably going to slow down now a bit.. :yeah:

There are some that come in mind right away:
- Chaos hellcannon
- other siege engines from warhammer
- that-spectre-that-seems-to-be-haunting-me-always-and-everywhere
- hobgoblin worker & settler (the worker could be used for the chaos dwarfs)
- possibly a black coach of the vampire counts, if someone would just tell me what kind of attack it would have (someone once requeste the black coach)

I'm not sure about making a skeleton axeman, since there already is the one made by kindred.

why, do you have some suggestions? :lol:

I was just curious, I don't have any suggestions at the moment. I've got more than enough skellies and such.

Although, like I've said before, you making some chaos units (demons and such) would be very interesting. I remember embryodead listing some of the units he could use at one point and it seemed like half of the names were different kinds of demons.

Oh yes, I forgot. Some beasts of chaos do intrigue me:
- ungor (spearman)
- centigor (horse lower body, human midsection, bull-like head, armed with spear and buckler)
- bestigor (beasts with 2-hand axes)
- maybe even tuskgor chariot :eek:

Sounds cool. :) All of them seem very interesting based on the pics I found with Google.

@aaglo, these units are great, keep up the good work! To answer your question, Chartreuse is a bright yellow-green color that's generally considered to be the ultimate low in fashion sense and bad taste.

@Kinboat: That Pegassi Knight looks almost like Odin from FF (except that Odin's horse had no wings and an extra set of legs and Odin's helmet had antlers instead of wings), so I've at least got some good placeholder graphics for now (it'll be a while before I really start working on the modern age tech tree where summon magic is, though...)

Aaglo, I'd like to just put a request for some of the new Ogre's out there. If you're not interested in them, then don't bother with it. Even one unit for them would be nice, since the Ogres often appear as mercenaries in other armies, and the present unit used to represent those Ogres could do with being replaced. But, you know, the more the merrier. :)

Ogre Ironguts, in particular, would be useful

YEA! awesome, you makign the hob-gobbo worker.settler! :D :D :D :D :D :D thats awesome! thank you thank you thank you!

Any uglier than Dwarves? :p I would say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but since I think the Ogres are really, really drunk a lot of the time, that looses its meaning. So instead I'll say beauty is on the inside, and that you shouldn't judge until you've seen an Ogre split open for surgery.

Anyways, we could really use a unit to replace the present Ogre. And they do have some interesting units to make - the Ogre Tyrants look awesome, and the Leadbelcher could be fun to animate. Plus that Ogre Scraplauncher looks like it would by an interesting artillery unit.

So, yeah, please consider it. If you can get over them being ugly, or if you can get in touch with your Ogre-y side and decide it'd be fun to animate the big slobs, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, no big deal. :)

IamsoUBER said:
@Kinboat
Qualms regarding pseudo-realism aside, the Pegasus Knight just doesn't look right in my opinion. I like the big jousting lance. However, it doesn't fit the rest of the knight. A big medieval-looking weapon doesn't seem to belong in the hands of a man armored in bronze. Nor does it look right for him to be without a shield - it seems unbalanced, and un-pseudo-realistic. How can he joust with a lance like that if he has no shield? And having the horse unarmored just doesn't look right, since jousting knights are always depicted with at least having barding on their horses. If Grandraem is content, I'm sure my concerns have no say in the matter. But as it is, the lance looks out of place, and yet it is the only thing in the unit that is remotely medieval.

I have to disagree about the lance being the only 'medieval' part. I basicly took the whole shoulder armor right off a heavily armoured jousting knight and plopped it onto this guy. Maybe it's not obvious from the angle I have in the preview. I admit that the armor is extremely cut down to save on weight though. About the shield: Shields weren't always used in jousts (at least as noticably shields). Especially towards the later periods the armor had become so protective that the shield was reduced to a small target for the other jouster to hit and was not a protective device. While I understand you are looking for something more along the lines of the Bretonnian Pegasus Knight picture that was posted at the moment I'm going to stick with something along the lines of the preview I have posted.
About the Bronze: Color is easy to change... I picked that particular color not to denote the actual material of the armor but because I love it. I might change it for the final unit and any suggestions are considered (not just suggestions from Grandraem).

Here's my top 4 of the stuff you seem to be willing to do, ignoring the beasts of chaos:
1) Chaos Hellcannon
2) Orc rock lobber
3) Skeleton lancer (for tomb kings and Lahmia)
4) A dwarvwen ranger unit. A unit that'd be allowed to move across mountains, but not overpoweringly-so (e.g. attack 5).

Some elven units would be great if you ever want to branch out ;)
Particularly a Dark Elf Sorceror-ess, elf mages and Phoenix Guards...

Mr. Do said:
Here's my top 4 of the stuff you seem to be willing to do, ignoring the beasts of chaos:
1) Chaos Hellcannon
Okay, this may look pretty mean, so cover your eyes, you all under 15 years of age :evil:

:evil:
Here is quite nasty looking Chaos Hellcannon. Suggestions are welcome :)

Jeezie Pete! Run For yer lives! Run from the vicious ball of flames this beast no doubtly spouts from its maw!

Top Bottom