[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

There are 2 or 3 older leaderheads that I want to revisit this week and see if I can improve them before (Hopefully) releasing the Basic version next week. One of those is a new version of Salamasina by Ekmek (big Thank you to Ekmek!) that has her hat removed in favor of actual hair. It however has some issues with shading that I want to see what I can do to fix them.

Glad I could help. Did you get my no-crown cyrus before the crash? I thought that would help with your david. I've also separated Darius's hat if you want a no crown Darius or give Cyrus the hat to make the David more unique. Love your stuff

@BobTheTerrible
If you haven't already, check out CIV Gold 4.0 which was just released yesterday. It has some of the civs & leaders that I haven't even released yet in modular form. You may be able to just copy what you need from there. If there are some you still want that are not in there or you were unable to lift what you need from CIV Gold, then send me a PM with a short list and I'll see what I can do. UNfortunately, it will be a few weeks as I want to finish the Basic version and get a start on the Full version of my modpack.

@Ekmek
Yes, I got the seperated David LH (Thanks!) but I want to take a better look at it before deciding which one to use. I'm pretty happy with my Hiram but would love to use the seperated Darius crown on a revised Suppiluliuma. Could you send that my way, pretty please. :please:

@Sword_of_Geddon
Thanks for the kind words, I hope that I can make the Full version live up to your expectations. :D

@BobTheTerrible
If you haven't already, check out CIV Gold 4.0 which was just released yesterday. It has some of the civs & leaders that I haven't even released yet in modular form. You may be able to just copy what you need from there. If there are some you still want that are not in there or you were unable to lift what you need from CIV Gold, then send me a PM with a short list and I'll see what I can do. UNfortunately, it will be a few weeks as I want to finish the Basic version and get a start on the Full version of my modpack.

Yeah, I've been following that. I used to have civ gold 3, and the leaderheads weren't overly stellar, and there were some bugs in-game (also, people are saying civ gold 4.0 civs aren't working with any other mod but civ gold). My plan is to use the civs from 4.0 that I want, but if you were going to release just the civs I was going to use yours instead (you see, I only have a week of spring break, starting this Friday, where I'm home and can play civ). Either way, I don't really mind how well-done leaderheads are or superficial things like that and I'm perfectly happy with using civ gold as long as it's stable.

@Ekmek
Yes, I got the seperated David LH (Thanks!) but I want to take a better look at it before deciding which one to use. I'm pretty happy with my Hiram but would love to use the seperated Darius crown on a revised Suppiluliuma. Could you send that my way, pretty please. :please:

Amra,

in the zip is the darius hat and a bunch of other parts i had lying around :crazyeye:

Amra,

in the zip is the darius hat and a bunch of other parts i had lying around :crazyeye:
Thanks Ekmek! BTW, I added your Salamasina with hair tonight after applying a little texturing to her arms/hands and moving her closer to the camera. Thanks again. :goodjob:

Amra, I have no idea where you got some of these, but they are incredible!

Some great changes I noticed:

1) Nebuchadnezzar finally lost the Montezuma clothes underneath!

2) Clagicus has a much better hat now.

3) Casimir is now more properly based on Charlemagne.

Some stand-out new leaders (somehow not in CivGold 4.0) are:

1) Sunni Ali

2) Narbona (amazing job with the hair and hat!)

3) Sargon

A few suggestions for improvement are:

1) Redo Cardenas (or repaste his head on a body with a better collar/tie)

2) Look into swapping Charles V's body with a recolored Joao one

3) See about losing the Brennus clothing parts on Ashurbanipal

4) Shrink the helmet slightly on Suppiluliuma to prevent it sticking out

5) Change Lorenzo Medici's body to something more period

6) Make a new Franz Josef more like the real one

Overall, this is a great collection. I also realize that some of the complaints are due to leaders being reused from Final Frontier (the models weren't made for these roles). Thank you for all your hard work, and I look forward to playing one of my favorite mods on BtS soon.

@Vrenir

Thanks. Nebuchadrezzar is the LH by esnaz but retextured by me (I may still retexture the helmet yet before release as it is just Hammuarbi's hat with the same coloring. Not sure about that though.

Calgacus now uses a LH model posted by GarretSidzaka with some retexturing by me.

Casimir was actually a very simple retexturing job by me but I thought he looked very much like the real Casimir to begin with so I didn't try to change anything on the model.

Sunni Ali I just did last night (I like him as he looks particularly cool with Pericles animations) so that is why he is not in CIV Gold.

Narbona & Sargon were done by me but I don't remember if I told Wyz I was doing them or if he just didn't want them. Too many LHs for me & Wyz to keep track of. :crazyeye:

I already have plans to redo Suppiluliuma and I've seen another Franz Josef based on Napoleon but the texture needs work and I've already got Vittorio of Italy using the Napoleon model. I'm still trying to stick to one reskin per 3D model unless they are really unique looking. So, not sure what to do there. Would anybody miss Vittorio of Italy?

I may be able to repaint some parts of Ashurbanipal to better hide Brennus but I'm not sure what else I am capable of doing on him.

Most of the other changes you suggest (all good suggestions) require a knowledge of 3d modeling that I just don't have. :(

Of course we all are still following this thread.....I just hope alot of work doesn't have to be redone to make it modular to the WoC Standard.

While my particular play-style matches very well with your work as is, I believe many players want to mix and match from various mods to make their own "custom modpack"....at least that is the basis for the creation of the WoC.

Hi Amra,
I've just looked at your preview images :goodjob:

I noticed the changes on Suppi and Salamasina.
Sala looks really pretty, although you should reduce her head scale (too big comparing to body) and then zoom in the camera (using nifscope). I could make this job if you wish. ;)
Suppi is good although I have a warrior leader idea about he that your LH doesn't give instead.

ambrox62 said:
Hi Amra,
I've just looked at your preview images

I noticed the changes on Suppi and Salamasina.
Sala looks really pretty, although you should reduce her head scale (too big comparing to body) and then zoom in the camera (using nifscope). I could make this job if you wish.
Suppi is good although I have a warrior leader idea about he that your LH doesn't give instead.
Hey ambrox, thanks for the helpful suggestions. I actually already zoomed in the camera on Salamasina (that may be part of why her head seems a little big) but I have not scaled down her head size. I can play with it in Nifskope tonight.

Let me mess around with Suppiluliuma some more also. I wasn't really sure which way to go with him. I like the new LH better than the old but he could be even better with some armor. I'll see what else I can come up with tonight.

MusicalRabbi2k said:
I was wondering if the bts version was ready, and if not could approximate a time schedule
Well now, funny you should ask. :D

Aside from the 2 LH tweaks I spoke about above, I only have some minor items to finish up such as pakking the art files, modpack documentation & more testing. Unless something comes up during the last part (testing), I want to post the Basic version this weekend. It may be late on Sunday, but I plan on posting it. Then I want to take a week away from Civ4 modding to catch up on real life before I begin working on the Full version with all the extra stuff.

Just to update everyone on what is included in the Basic version that I hope/want/plan on posting this weekend:

- 44 new civs and 66 new leaders (for a total of 78 civs and 118 leaders)
- Actual Quotes v4.20
- Bhruic's Unofficial Patch v1.11 (SDK)
- BUG Mod v2.20
- Varietas Delectat v3.5 (Includes EDU v3.14, Ethnic Artstyles v1.09 & Cultural Diversity v1.1)
- Additional Unit ArtStyles for various new civs (Canada, Cuba, Hyboria, Magyar, Pirates, Poland, Siam, & Transylvania/Drakula)

Just to update everyone on what is included in the Basic version that I hope/want/plan on posting this weekend:

- 44 new civs and 66 new leaders (for a total of 78 civs and 118 leaders)
- Actual Quotes v4.20
- Bhruic's Unofficial Patch v1.11 (SDK)
- BUG Mod v2.20
- Varietas Delectat v3.5 (Includes EDU v3.14, Ethnic Artstyles v1.09 & Cultural Diversity v1.1)
- Additional Unit ArtStyles for various new civs (Canada, Cuba, Hyboria, Magyar, Pirates, Poland, Siam, & Transylvania/Drakula)

Cool, Amra!:goodjob:

Hey guys,

I need to bounce a question off of everyone's noggins.

When I added Varietas Delectat, I assigned various Unit ArtStyles to the new civs in my modpack based on what Firaxis civ they most closely resembled or just stuck with the default units. And, as I stated in an earlier post, some of the new civs such as Magyar & Poland even have their own new Unit ArtStyle.

My problem/question is what Unit ArtStyle do I assign to the Aborigine civ I've included? In my Warlords modpack I assigned the African units to them but that just doesn't seem quite right anymore. However, the Zulu or even default units don't seem right either.

What do you all think? Default units, Ethiopia, or Zulu units? :crazyeye:

Eventually I'm going to make some Aborigine flavoured units for the Ancient Australian units in my extended mod. :D But that's not going to be for a while. :(

Nice work on the leaderheads by the way; I reckon I can find a use for the new Casimar, and the Aborigine leader! :goodjob:

Eventually I'm going to make some Aborigine flavoured units for the Ancient Australian units in my extended mod. :D But that's not going to be for a while. :(

Nice work on the leaderheads by the way; I reckon I can find a use for Casimar and the Aborigine leader! :goodjob:
Oooooh, I'm salivating already. :yumyum:

Thanks for the compliments, also. Casimir was a surprisingly simple reskin by me & Yagan is from an early version of CIV Gold (I think Sevo did him). If you need Aborigine leaders, check out CIV Gold 4.0 as they have a newer/different version of Yagan as well as another leader.

And great work on Cultural Diversity, everything looks great! :goodjob:

I was actually planning to make my own Casimir by reskinning Charlemagne until I saw yours! :lol: I wouldn't have thought of the Polish coat of arms on the cloak though, that was a cool idea. Also it's great because I'm going to remove the HRE along with Charlemagne so there will be no similarities between the leaders. :D

I'll check out the Aborigine leaders in Gold and choose the best one, I don't want to overflow the Australian civ with too many Aborigine leaders as, well, it's supposed to be modern Australia. :lol:

I had a spare 20 minutes so I made this guy from the African Warrior texture. ;)

I reckon you should be able to get a couple units out of it by reskinning and reboning. It's attached if you want it. :)

Attachments

• aborigine.zip
    48.1 KB · Views: 67
I had a spare 20 minutes so I made this guy from the African Warrior texture. ;)

I reckon you should be able to get a couple units out of it by reskinning and reboning. It's attached if you want it. :)
:eek: That's great Chuggi! And only in 20 minutes? Man, imagine if you'd only apply yourself. :lol:

Thanks a bunch. He's definitely going in as the Aborigine Warrior & I'll see what else I can do with him. :goodjob:

Top Bottom