[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

No problem ;) remember the texture was already half done by white rabbit (the african warrior).. also another scout model (without the backpack) has already been reboned to use worker animations, so you could probably use my texture for the worker.. only workers probably didn't use war paint :lol: oh well I'll let you work something out.

@Chugginator
Thanks again, I really appreciate it. :goodjob:

@ambrox62
See the attached image below for the latest (and final) version of Suppiluliuma. I added Alexander's armor but applied Gilgamesh's armor texture and shading to it. I think he looks pretty good and I want to get the modpack out the door this weekend so he'll have to do. :D

Now, on to Salamasina. :groucho:

[EDIT] I've attached an updated Salamasina image below with reduced head size. Thanks for the advice on that, she definitely looks better. Note that I haven't updated my previews just because I plan on posting fully updated previews when I post the modpack, probably Sunday.

Attachments

• Hittites - Suppiluliuma (New).jpg
    Hittites - Suppiluliuma (New).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Polynesia - Salamasina (New).jpg
    Polynesia - Salamasina (New).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 77
That looks all-out amazing! Very unique look, and worlds of improvement over the old version.

That looks all-out amazing! Very unique look, and worlds of improvement over the old version.
Thanks! It took me a while to come up with something good for him.

Now, on to Salamasina. :groucho:

[EDIT] I've attached an updated Salamasina image below with reduced head size. Thanks for the advice on that, she definitely looks better.

Looking fine indeed.:) Such a sweet thang...(Hard to imagine her heading a civilization...) Now why does Suppiluliuma remind me of el-Khadafi? Eery!:faint:

@ambrox62
See the attached image below for the latest (and final) version of Suppiluliuma.
I've attached an updated Salamasina image below with reduced head size.

Both LHs are ok now :goodjob:

Now why does Suppiluliuma remind me of el-Khadafi? Eery!:faint:
Maybe Wyz will change him up a little and add him to CIV Gold's Evil Pack. :devil:

Thanks SoG! I just finished adding an Aborigine Unit ArtStyle, only about 10 or so early units (BIG thank you to Chuggi for the Aborigine skin). It sounds like Chuggi's going to be doing some more units for them in the future so I'll have to absorb them at that time, of course. :mischief:

I'm doing some testing tonight and finishing up the modpack documentation, so I'm still very hopeful for posting the modpack on Sunday.

Hey Amra,

Really like the idea of this ModPack your doing, looks really good! :). But i do like being able to play with the original civilizations with really no changes too, could i do that with this mod? load it when i want to use it, or will there be changes that the mod has done that can affect the original game...if you know what i mean :confused: .

Another thing i would like if possible is being able to have the Egyptions, Vikings and Greeks to all start with their original religions, at the beginning of the game without having to get to the medievil age to get the asatru for example.

Although another thing i would also like is to have just the old religions (asatru, hellinism etc..) without having the newer ones, and keeping the game to it's original self, so it would be just the religions changed.

I dunno....maybe this is a bit much but i would really like it if it was possible some how....at the min i just want those 5 religions you have added before i start a new game, which is what i've been looking for.:)

And maybe the Shinto one found here...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152421

Added aswell ;)

Well least it's an idea for you, but i would really like this stuff being possible!

Good Job Eitherway :goodjob:

EDIT: BTW wth do those to resources do, the temple and that city thing? they look really cool and i wanna try em :D.

On another note, i never really like the cultural borders thing, and having to build citys everywhere just to stop the enemy spamming cities. So i came up with an idea THAT MAY be possible for you to implement, here goes:

Castles/forts have been used to defend borders (they wern't based on culture, more army size in my opinion) and so constantly changed..but how about allowing forts to be built that give cultural value, like a city... Aslong as you have a Unit in it. Make them look really good (Civ 3 had decent looking ones) and maybe even name them! the borders be limited though, maybe 2 squares either side max.

I hate forever building cities just to prevent the enemy building them...so i think this would be a great idea that people would like. They could be used for MUCH more though like a trade route, a barracks for training units etc (Like York in England was a fort/castle to defend the nothern borders!) But just as a border would make me very happy!

Any chance of implementing this Amra? I would do it myself, but i think it would take to much time for what i want, starting from scratch. I did think about it for a Civ 5 but it looks possible from what you and the others have done!

Thanks SoG! I just finished adding an Aborigine Unit ArtStyle, only about 10 or so early units (BIG thank you to Chuggi for the Aborigine skin). It sounds like Chuggi's going to be doing some more units for them in the future so I'll have to absorb them at that time, of course. :mischief:

I'm doing some testing tonight and finishing up the modpack documentation, so I'm still very hopeful for posting the modpack on Sunday.

Hey if you got 10 or so units out of that texture then I'd be happy to fast-track some more aborigines for you. :)

Hey if you got 10 or so units out of that texture then I'd be happy to fast-track some more aborigines for you. :)
Well, now... That would be great but I don't want to rush you or take you away from any other projects. I still plan on posting my BtS Basic version tomorrow (Sunday, U.S. East coast).

Here's a screenie of what I've done so far. Bear in mind, I've never made any units so I just applied your texture (with minor clothing color changes) to various VDUnits that used the same mesh. I managed to come up with the following units so far: Archer, Axeman, Chariot, Horse Archer, Knight, Scout, Spearman, Swordsman, War Elephant, & the Warrior you originally did.

Anything else you can come up with is always, scratch that, EXTREMELY welcome. I'm going to reply to the post prior to yours and then go to bed so I won't be able to check for anything or reply back for a while.

Thanks again for your help! :goodjob:

Hey Amra,

Really like the idea of this ModPack your doing, looks really good! :). But i do like being able to play with the original civilizations with really no changes too, could i do that with this mod? load it when i want to use it, or will there be changes that the mod has done that can affect the original game...if you know what i mean :confused: .
Well, my Warlords mod as posted on page one of this forum thread changed quite a bit to the core game. Unfortunately, it only works with Warlords version 2.08, not the current version of Warlords which is 2.13 I think.

I've been working on a Beyond The Sword version and plan on releasing what I call a "Basic" version tomorrow and will begin expanding that to a "Full" version next week that more closely resembles the Warlords version described in post#1. If you have BtS, then you may like the Basic version as it does not change any gameplay other than adding 44 new civs. All the original Firaxis civs are still in the game & nothing has been modified on them regarding gameplay.

Another thing i would like if possible is being able to have the Egyptions, Vikings and Greeks to all start with their original religions, at the beginning of the game without having to get to the medievil age to get the asatru for example.

Although another thing i would also like is to have just the old religions (asatru, hellinism etc..) without having the newer ones, and keeping the game to it's original self, so it would be just the religions changed.

I dunno....maybe this is a bit much but i would really like it if it was possible some how....at the min i just want those 5 religions you have added before i start a new game, which is what i've been looking for.:)

And maybe the Shinto one found here...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=152421

Added as well ;)
If you want religion changes, those will be included in the Full version which is still some time away from being completed/released. That version of my modpack will add 5 new religions but will also contain many other gameplay changes. I'm sorry but I don't have any plans to make those changes in my Basic version.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any mods that remove the original religions in favor of others & I don't have any plans to do that with my modpack.

EDIT: BTW wth do those to resources do, the temple and that city thing? they look really cool and i wanna try em :D.
The Ancient temples are available from the beginning of the game but need to be explored by a worker or a scout. Once explored, they give you a small amount of gold per turn with another increase later in the game when a new tech, "Tourism" is researched.

The Lost Civilizations are invisible until much later in the game until a new tech, "Archeology" & I think were generally found in Desert terrain. They needed to be excavated by workers and gave a similar bonus as Ancient Temples. I added them to the game in order to make Desert tiles a little more interesting.

On another note, i never really like the cultural borders thing, and having to build citys everywhere just to stop the enemy spamming cities. So i came up with an idea THAT MAY be possible for you to implement, here goes:

Castles/forts have been used to defend borders (they wern't based on culture, more army size in my opinion) and so constantly changed..but how about allowing forts to be built that give cultural value, like a city... Aslong as you have a Unit in it. Make them look really good (Civ 3 had decent looking ones) and maybe even name them! the borders be limited though, maybe 2 squares either side max.

I hate forever building cities just to prevent the enemy building them...so i think this would be a great idea that people would like. They could be used for MUCH more though like a trade route, a barracks for training units etc (Like York in England was a fort/castle to defend the nothern borders!) But just as a border would make me very happy!

Any chance of implementing this Amra? I would do it myself, but i think it would take to much time for what i want, starting from scratch. I did think about it for a Civ 5 but it looks possible from what you and the others have done!
That's an interesting idea that I would need to consider more. I'm not a python programmer; most of my talent, if you can call it that, lies in making new civs & LH's. I think I've seen a few mods here that have changed the way forts work and I will look into them for the full version of my modpack.

Thanks for the comments & helpful suggestions. :goodjob:

All mods load separately from the main game, and no mods will overwrite the main game's files. So if you were to download and use Amra's modpack, you'd be able to choose to play the normal game or using Amra's mod each time you started civ.

Well, now... That would be great but I don't want to rush you or take you away from any other projects. I still plan on posting my BtS Basic version tomorrow (Sunday, U.S. East coast).

Here's a screenie of what I've done so far. Bear in mind, I've never made any units so I just applied your texture (with minor clothing color changes) to various VDUnits that used the same mesh. I managed to come up with the following units so far: Archer, Axeman, Chariot, Horse Archer, Knight, Scout, Spearman, Swordsman, War Elephant, & the Warrior you originally did.

Anything else you can come up with is always, scratch that, EXTREMELY welcome. I'm going to reply to the post prior to yours and then go to bed so I won't be able to check for anything or reply back for a while.

Thanks again for your help! :goodjob:

Glad I can be of help! :) I'll try and get something uploaded tonight (AEST) so you can implement them tomorrow. The time differences are crazy :crazyeye: it's already sunday here..

Anyway, some suggestions: the elephant looks cool, the war paint on it looks fairly authentic. The yellow/brown cloth on the warriors looks awesome! :goodjob: However the blue and green cloths look a little unusual. I think they mainly wore reds, yellows and browns, and maybe whites.. and if they did have blues and greens I don't think they would be that bright.. (this is my opinion of course, I'm no expert on Aboriginal culture :lol:). The shield could be more Aboriginal, but don't worry about that because I'll model a new one. :D

Also for the flag I don't think a hand print represents them that well.. you could maybe use their real flag, or keeping with the civ style flags, you could just have a sun on a black background (with no rays) ? It's up to you though.

Glad I can be of help! :) I'll try and get something uploaded tonight (AEST) so you can implement them tomorrow. The time differences are crazy :crazyeye: it's already sunday here..
Thanks a bunch and yeah, the time difference is confusing at times. Just before I went to bed last night (at 12:30AM my time) I turned on the TV to see the start of the Australian Formula One Grand Prix which I'm sure was being held on Sunday afternoon there. It looked like it was a very hot day there and to confuse you even more, I still have snow melting in my yard! :snowlaugh:

Anyway, some suggestions: the elephant looks cool, the war paint on it looks fairly authentic. The yellow/brown cloth on the warriors looks awesome! :goodjob: However the blue and green cloths look a little unusual. I think they mainly wore reds, yellows and browns, and maybe whites.. and if they did have blues and greens I don't think they would be that bright.. (this is my opinion of course, I'm no expert on Aboriginal culture :lol:). The shield could be more Aboriginal, but don't worry about that because I'll model a new one. :D
The War Elephant was just pure luck as it was already painted that way as a Zulu War Elephant in VD. :D

Thanks for the info on proper colors also. I'll change the blue & green textures as I didn't know what colors to go with, I just wanted a little variety. And for the record, you may not be an Aboriginal culture expert but you are a little closer to them than I am :lol: so I definitely appreciate your input.

Also for the flag I don't think a hand print represents them that well.. you could maybe use their real flag, or keeping with the civ style flags, you could just have a sun on a black background (with no rays) ? It's up to you though.
The flag I'm using was from a flag pack posted a little while back by Yenemus, I think. I thought it looked cool but didn't give much thought to it beyond that. I'll look at CIV Gold and see what Wyz is using.

Thanks a bunch and yeah, the time difference is confusing at times. Just before I went to bed last night (at 12:30AM my time) I turned on the TV to see the start of the Australian Formula One Grand Prix which I'm sure was being held on Sunday afternoon there. It looked like it was a very hot day there and to confuse you even more, I still have snow melting in my yard! :snowlaugh:

Snow?! and to think I've been dehydrating at work lately. The part of Australia I live in is supposed to be one of the colder regions as well. :lol:

Can't wait for winter to come here...

I've almost finished making a couple of units if you want to hold off uploading for an hour or so. ;)

I've almost finished making a couple of units if you want to hold off uploading for an hour or so. ;)
Cool, I actually don't plan on uploading anything for 7 or 8 more hours at least. It's only about 1:30PM my time and I'm busy with the family until then.

Thanks!

Top Bottom