• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[WARLORDS] Nyomod

GRM
"knock knock " Mc Fly anybody home ? ;)
still with us ?
anyway about the crashes
it has nothing to do with the english (see previous post)
it is the dreaded MAF
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=218351
i was trying to play large maps (12 civs) ,blue marble terrain &smart map map scripts with expanded axis and it was more than my pretty good comp 3ghz -1 gig ram- fx5700 128 could handle :( :blush:
i have started 3 games using smaller maps and finished all 3
including one as the English
on a game play note .I notice that the only things the UN can vote on is who is SEC GEN & diplomatic vic :confused:
hope you are still working on this as i have not played ant other variant on CIV since finding this :goodjob:

maybe I'm late but I have an idea on workers.... to llimit them but not close expansion. (why should a big roman/chinese empire be limited to the same 10+5 workers as a small polynesian civ?)
make a 4th class of workers (draftees, serfs, either)
-prisonneer... as said (20%prod).
-draftees :70%prod; 2 max per civ (only needed for starting a civ)
-workers : 100%prod (as you said) needs 2 granaries to be build (so at max 1 per 2 cities.
-civil servant: needs 2 tribunal and 4 granaries. (same trick as before if needed) or need 2 university (so they are really civil engineer and only 1 on 6 cities at max)

I do not know if it is possible to link units to a civ-wide number of buildings.

therfore you will have 2times less civil servant than workers, not too much workers but still more for a big wealthy empire than a wealthy small civ or a big poor empire.

so a big well improved empire of 20cities may have :
2draftees,
10 workers,
3 to 5 civil servant depending on the choice maid for them.
so 15-17 'worker typ' for 20cities is kinda ok.

a rich tiny civ of 6 cities will have :
2d,
3w,
1s
= 6 workers = 1 per city : ok I think.

a lowly level 20cities empire but no granary everywhere and few tribs/university ('so much costly building that gives no units grrmmff!!') will have only
2d,
4w
1-2s
so a total of 8 workers units... not so much for 20cities...etc
the 'draftees'-'serf' are implemented so you can have someone to help you improve your civilization when you have only 1-2 cities and no granaries.

I think a better solution is the cost for workers should be 3-4 gold per worker(the properous civs should be able to afford more workers then) to reflect the infrastructure cost (labor, material etc.) No cap at all. Early civs would keep an eye out for development and military costs. Very sensible and no need for caps anymore.

when will the next update be

please grm dont let this mod fade away into oblivion, I cant play visa cause I dont have the ram( wont til I get settled into My new job) hitmmod I have crash probs , so please dont let this mod die . (thoese are the top 3 mods in the forums Civ4 right now ( and tr mod)

Top Bottom