Warmongering OCC?

Mahatmajon

Prince
Has anybody had success warmongering in a OCC? I tried a tiny OCC and ended up as India against Spain and the US. After getting BW (and having bronze) I sent a stack of axemen against the US and wiped out all but 2 of their cities (with Swordsmen coming in support).

Unfortunately there was a small island on the map and my city wasn't coastal so I couldn't finish them off :(

Fighting Spain was much harder as they got fuedalism and had LOTS of elephants before I turned to deal with them. I ended up giving up.

Any OCC conquest winners? On a standard or larger map? What difficulties?

I think it might be possible, but you'd need quite the army.

As for the problem of an island, try a pangea map. There might be some sort of peninsula, but you'll avoid the issue of an unreachable enemy city.

I've managed it. I tend to amass a huge army in OCC games, so I strike when I have an advantage. I usually win the OCC by conquest, though occasionally I have to finsih it out a different way because I can't reach some stupid island...

One thing I learned the hard way is not to warmonger too early though. In my current OCC game I immediately declared war on Alexander and killed his scout. Turned out his capital was about 6 moves from mine, so I camped it for a while and eventually razed it. While that's all nice and good (getting rid of Alexander is always nice and good), it left a lot more expansion room for Ghandi and Catherine and now I'll have a much harder time killing their larger empires.

Top Bottom