ways into health

Cabert, I agree that the suger resource should grant a +1 unhealthy green face or at the very least no healthy red cross bonuses. What I think suger should grant is increased revenue (money) and perhaps increased happyness (smiley faces).

As for wine, in moderation its actually good for you (read: "The French Paradox") and should either grant a health bonus or at the very least no unhealthy green faces. Wine should also grant increased revenue (money) and happyness (smiley faces).

Well, being french myself, living in a wine region, I can tell you that not all wines are the same. Some will make you happy, some will give you headache. ;)

ModernKnight has attached a useful spreadsheet detailing the relative hammer costs of the health giving buildings to a post in another article about power plant selection that could be worth linking to from Chapter 2 of this thread. The spreadsheet can currently be found in his posthere.

ModernKnight has attached a useful spreadsheet detailing the relative hammer costs of the health giving buildings to a post in another article about power plant selection that could be worth linking to from Chapter 2 of this thread. The spreadsheet can currently be found in his posthere.

since you just provided a link, I guess it's good enough.

I just opened the excel sheet, and I didn't feel really enlightened. No offense to ModernKnight, but since most health comes from resources, the sheet doesn't provide a general information, you have to fill it for each game, or for each sequence where you're asking yourself the question of what to build.
It's interesting in some way, but he just missed on the +3 health from granary, which is basically all you need for more than half the game ;).

Health has become quite tough to keep up after factories in BTS.

National Park city is almost immune to health problems, but the rest of your empire may be filled with green faces as soon as you build factories or industrial parks.

The new Public transportation is only a small compensation for this, the 6 (8 with public transportation) health from environnementalism are really welcome now in most games.

I'll try to bring more details in the changes in the few next days.

New buildings :
- industrial park : 2 :yuck:, +1:yuck: from oil, +1 :yuck: from coal
- public transportation : 1 :health: , +1 :health: from oil, + 2 :health: from running environnementalism

New wonder:
- National Park removes all :yuck: from population

Modified effects of building :
- factory is now 1 :yuck:, +2:yuck: from oil, +2 :yuck: from coal

Top Bottom