Welcome aafritz17

You're the man, aafrtiz17! Thank you for keeping this alive! I've played Civ since it first came out and still have Civ I in its original box. I've never reached anything resembling expert, but I've logged countless hours on every Civ game, including over 6000 hours on Civ V. So far VI has eluded me though. There's just something missing and it hasn't grabbed me the way V did. But thank you for taking over and keeping an old grognard like me going!

Thanks for the welcomes! I, too, am quite motivated to keep this community going. Civ V is the only game to which I've been "hooked" since the Panzer Leader board game (played in the 70's, with my father). Just went and checked - I still have that box, too, but it is pretty beat up!

FYI, there's a bit of a backlog of submissions (as you may know from your own). My goal is to get that caught up in the next couple of days, then we can get new gauntlets posted.

Welcome onboard!

Really glad to having you help out with vetting and gauntlets etc.

Just so people are aware I will be taking over the responsibility for publishing the updates monthly, not quite sure what the schedule will be yet, I've done this for Civ 4 for a couple of years now though so I am very familiar with it.

Hey, guys, hang steady. @Denniz wore a lot of hats, so people are learning new skills, or re-learning skills they haven't used in years. All this on 3 continents, both hemispheres, and across 15 time zones. Guess that makes it a genuine Civ Experience...

Many thanks to Denniz for all his efforts. They were sincerely appreciated by so many! :c5influence:

Welcome to aafritz! Thanks so much for taking the torch! :c5happy:

Welcome to aafritz! Thanks so much for taking the torch! :c5happy:

Thanks, @zenmaster. I'm helping with the vetteing, it's pretty caught up since last update (August?). Others are assembling the update post itself (including new gauntlets), guess they're still working it out. I just keep lurking here, figuring any day!

You and me and a bunch of others. The last couple of pieces are out of my control. Not sure what's holding them up. Doing what I can...

Yesterday I raised what I hope was a loud-enough noise that an update needs to happen this weekend.

If it wasn't loud enough... what's the theme song to the Bourne movies?

Looks like the update will happen today. Then I will be posting new gauntlets after I get home from work tonight (eastern US). (Breathes BIG sigh of relief...)

Top Bottom