• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Welcome New Members

i am new to this site, and wanted to say hello. Hope to hear from some more experienced players as i am still learning about Civ IV. thank you... Chief lightemup

Hey all! I've been playing civ since civ 2, and currently play prince level in CIV. I've been lurking in the forums for several months now, until finally blake's better AI has pushed me to join (to report a bug no less). My Civving has improved dramatically since finding this site, and hopefully will continue to do so now that I'm a member.

-Topher

Hello all! I've been reading this forum for a while, now I decided to join. I've learned a lot in this forum. I love Civilization. I've played CivII, CivIII, now I'm playing CivIV. I'm playing now at Monarch level.
Now, I want to talk a little about Anita Garibaldi. She was born near my birthplace, south Brazil. She fought in a brazilian civil war (Guerra do Farrapos 1835-1845). I'm a woman too, but a merciless :evil: leader.

Welcome AnitaGaribaldi... good to see women get online and ADMIT they are playing the game. You may have noticed there are several prominent women online in these forums, from HOF EXPERTS to moderators.

Now... if only I could get my wife to join in on the fun and play with me....

....JungleIII

Hello everyone. I've been reading the ALC series for a while, and am getting back into Civ 4 because of it. I found just by reading guides on here, I'm beating Noble and on my way up the difficulties. I'm hooked! Been playing since around Civ 2, although I also played freeciv for a couple games :)

Hi everyone. I spent far too much time on Civ3, finally beating Deity with relative ease in PTW, and got a bit sick of Civ in the process. At long last I have returned to Civ4 and progressed to Monarch level (vanilla). The information here helps a lot. I registered in order to play succession games. Should be fun.

Hello all,

I'm a long time Civ player since the early days of the original Civilization... I bought Civ IV the day it was released but had very little time to play it over the past months. I've read these forums off and on at work in the meantime, and I have learned a lot. I've finally got some time on my hands to play regularly, and although I am only playing on prince/monarch at the moment I hope to start showing up on the HOF at all levels within the coming months. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

i wounder how many new ones do this one: "hello, my name is ... and I have a problem. I am civoholic." "Hi ..."

i am half new, posted a few things way back and started playing again a few weeks ago and remembered this nice forum.

Well then, I suppose I'll just quickly introduce myself :)

My real name's Erik. I've played Civ 3 quite some years ago.. more than 4 I think. After that I never played another Civ until some weeks ago. The game itself actually got boring quite fast.
Then I discovered FfH.
Damn this mod is awesome :D :king: I'm currently trying out the SureShot/RoM modmods aswell. And for the other games I play; I'm an ex-World of Warcrafter. I miss that game ;p It took up quite some time tho so I figured I should quit.
Furthermore I love guitar, I play piano (still suck at it tho ^^') and I love music in general.

Cya all around the forums :)

Hello i am new in civfanatics.
I am playing civilization more than 10 years. I have all of them, and i realy love them.

I started playing Civ I in 1992. I have probably spent $1500 in every revision they come up with, including replacing broken discs and presents for friends. I am a loner, not a multiplayer guy, but I love scenarios and applaud all my fellow civ fans (especially civ II) for the work they did in creating their civ universes.

Hi all, I used to post here ages ago. I am just getting back to CivIII but it has been a challenge.

I bought a new Civ3 Gold but my then CD ate it :eek: so that died.

My son gave me his old (plain)Civ3 and I am trying to get it to go but the visual just won't work and play well with others. (scrambled)

I got the patch that was needed and I am considering using the "windowed" mode to see if that lets me play the game.

I always loved this board and from discussion here I got up to playing at Regent level - not bad for an old grandmother type I figured. :lol:

Well, have to go and find my new RR images - loved to add new stuff to the game.

Be blessed, Darski

Hi all,
started playing from CivI but skipped CivIII (was it ever released for the mac ?).

I find CivIV really an huge improvement on the play round, asAI's are a lot less dumb

:sad: Hello everyone,
I've been playing for a while but am getting a bit bored with the original. I play CivIII Gold Edition and with no mods or patches its a bit bland. I'm trying to load DYP by Kalel on it but it doesnt seem to matter which folder I extract to, the mod doesnt take over the game and in scenarios I'm still playing the original loaded from the disc with limited icons. Have tried moving things around but have reinstalled the game 10 times so about to give up. Any hints as trying to email kalel sends you to a website that doesnt exist anymore?
I started playing CivII then the expansion for CivII then purchased CivIII. I really enjoy playing although more for the game rather than wars etc, I like the building worlds. I've tried CivIV in demo mode but as my orginal computer wasnt up to the graphics it was difficult to play so Ive stuck with CivIII.

Top Bottom