1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Welcome to CFC, one and all!

@Darthethong 467. Click on "My Account" near the top of the page. Then look along the left side for "Edit Avatar." From there, you'll be able to pick an avatar from the stock ones available. For a custom avatar, you'll have to be a member for 30 days and have 30 posts.

2. phantoms lair

phantoms lair Chieftain

Hello

I've been a Civ 2 TOT player for about six yrs now, and while i do own other versions of my favourite strategy game, it's this version i keep coming back to.

I'm 44, I work in retail, and I look forward to perhaps getting involved a little more frequently with this site; especially with some of the questions circulating around in this wee brain of mine concerning the Civilization series.

The next time I post, i'll start firing off a question or two, to explore further options with Civ 2, such as the variety of modifications to the game that seem to be available with this site.

3. civfan2.0

civfan2.0 Chieftain

i am new and i am wonderin how to set up the account like the pic (avartar) if someone could tell me...

4. Aabraxan

civfan2.0 -- see my post two above yours.

5. DarthEthong 467

DarthEthong 467 Chieftain

6. SuerChaJ

SuerChaJ Chieftain

Hi there,
    I'm a new member as of today, but I've been reading and downloading from this site for about six months now. I played civ 2 as a 12 or 13 year old and loved it. Then I got bored and played other games like roller coaster tycoon, etc. I got C3C for Christmas a few years back and thought it was great. Its still my favorite. I have civ 4 vanilla, and it looks awesome, but the game play is still too limited for me--there aren't enough units, leaders, buildings, etc. Maybe I'm just used to C3C. Anyway, I'll give it another shot once all the expansion packs come out.

Oh yeah--19 yrs old. Sophomore at the University of Dayton in Ohio.
    Hope to learn and teach a lot here.

7. DarthEthong 467

DarthEthong 467 Chieftain

Ummm, all the expansions for Civ 4 are out, unless I don't understand what you mean.:confused:

8. 18lama

18lama Warlord

Hey

I've been lurking on this site for more than 6 months as a guest. Great to become a member on this fantastic site.

9. GrandWazoo

GrandWazoo Chieftain

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker and a 15 years veteran of the series. I didn't quite play as much of Civ4 as the previous incarnations of the series but the new BtS expansion have renewed my interest in the game so I might start posting a little more now.

Cheers!

10. Airefuego

Airefuego King

First post. Going to ask some questions now. :D

11. thegreats

thegreats Cat Lord

Welcome everyone, if you have any question feel free to ask me, although I might not be able to answer every question I'll try to do it.

12. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Chieftain

Hi, been a lurker for a while, just joined. I can't wait for the warhammer mod BTS edition because i don't have warlords :(

13. vladdor

vladdor Chieftain

Hi all,
    I am Vladdor, i play civ since civ 1 by microprose. I play with mods since civ3 when i discorved this site. My favorites mod are Rhyes and fall, total realism, visa and modern warfare for warlords. I always try to play on earth map. Now i play bts. Sorry, i didn't post yet because my english is awful: Yes, lol, i'm french...

This game make me love history and geography. Thx for this site and to mod's developpers.

Vladdor.

14. KingZhang

KingZhang Chieftain

Hi all,
    I'm from China.So my English is not well.Though I'm a high school student,I have been a CIV player for six years.I like this game.And I'm glad to join here.

15. vvill

vvill Chieftain

Thought I should make my first post here. Love this website and msgboard and have come here many a time, so I finally registered. 28yo, software developer. Australian, but moved to the US a bit over a year ago.

I've grown up playing Civ and am just getting into understanding BtS right now...

16. happily

happily Chieftain

I started my civ life with Civ I on a friends machine, the only game that made me consider switching from c64 to PC back then, later I bought a PC, in truth mainly to be able to play Civ II (though there were the usual yadayada reasons ;) ). Today I'm still stuck at Civ II, having given Civ 3 a few tries - I will move on to it as soon as I have really mastered Civ II and played all the scenarios; can only be years (and yes, thers still something new to learn after years, only now I found out that copernicus and newton are the wrong way round in the pedia)

I ve been around civfanatics for quite some time, but only as a (very satisfied) consumer. Definitely the best place for Civ related stuff.

17. vhawk1951

vhawk1951 Chieftain

clall me stupid please, but i can't find a "new thread" button anywhere- ifind civ iv, inexplicable , even after the tutorial and i keep getting lost and confused
    thankd to any helpful soul that can point me in the right directionBTW - WHICH IS BETTER- VCIV IV OR CIV IV BEYOND THE SWORD?

18. Aabraxan

Look at the bottom left of the page, below the threads.

19. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

There's also one in the top left, above the threads.

20. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Chieftain

Hello fellow civ 4 peeps. Im joining this site and if i need any help i will be asking you in the future.