Welcome New Members

What's up everyone, I am new to this forum but have been playing Civ games for a long time now. I came here looking for some information and figured might as well join. I am currently in the military and living in Florida. I look forward to absorbing the bevy of info on this site. C-ya all around!

Hi:

I've been lurking around this forum for some time and I was thinking it was time to start posting.

I've been playing Civilization since the first release, except for Civ III. Also I've played some other Civilization games not from Mr Meier.

I play Civ IV BTS, and I'm trying to get familiar with Noble difficulty, in Normal maps with Normal speed. I had some victories in Noble but still have some mistakes.

Well, see you around and happy gaming :)

Also been lurking for a while... Been playing Civ since CivII Gold, though technically I played the heck out of Master of Magic before that if it counts for anything. :old:

I've been playing CivIV BTS for a few months now, currently on noble and trying to work my way to prince difficulty, but that's been slow-going.

...how many people actually read this thread after they've made their introductory post? :hmm:

Hey. I'm new to the franchise, and thought this would be a great place to talk about these addictive games. Also, I thought this would be a good place to ask about this frustrating bug that is preventing me from playing a mod I downloaded (if you want to help, I'm going to post about it on the Rhye's and Fall of Civilization FAQ thread).

Anyway, I'm a player who, while a predominately console-based gamer (this is mainly due my use of Macs which rarely get good games), takes a great interest in games of strategy. My hobbies, aside from Civ, include reading, being sarcastic and cynical, and attempting to make Pokemon an officially recognized religion (whether I am joking on this last one is a matter of some speculation). And, ladies, I'm single.

Also been lurking for a while...

Same here.:) And was a member earlier, have just "rediscovered" the site.

My Civ-addiction started with those lovely square cities and units :goodjob:
Playing Civ for 9 years so far (and have no plan of leaving it)..:)

All in one: hello dudes! :)

Hey what's up everybody i never knew how many people liked civ till i came to this site the game is awsome and the mods are the best ive ever played i really like that Fall From heaven II it doesnt get no better than that. peace

Hello all. I have been a fan of the Civ series since day one. I like all the changes that have taken place over the years, but once every few blue moons I miss Civ 2.

Lately my favorite leaders are Kublai Khan and Shaka Zulu...

Maybe I'll run into some of you on multiplayer. Take it easy.

Hey everyone. I just got the Civ IV Gold edition and I'm totally overwhelmed right now. This is the first Civ game I've ever played. I am a very big fan of the Age of Empires series and Rise of Nations. This seems waaaaay more involved and I was really disappointed in the manual. That's what led me to these boards. I'm here looking for all the advice I can get. So far I love the game but I've only played on the Settler difficulty.

hi, i'am walrus (almost), from zagrab, croatia...
civ fanatic from the beginning, and played them all, but civ 3 conquest is the best, untill i get a better comp for civ 4

Hello to all the wargamers out there. To see these recreations of models to me is outstanding. Im not a programmer, but I would love to be able to create or aquire the fleet from the IJN Pearl Harbor attack. This would only be the beginning, but WOW! this is too cool. Thanx in advance, Rayslapper

...how many people actually read this thread after they've made their introductory post? :hmm:

At least one (me). Probably more than you think.
No point replying to all those looking for strategy help... they will sooner or later stumble upon the Civ Strategies & Tips folder or the Civ War Academy in this forum and find what they are looking for (or they aren't serious about it anyhow).

Single questions are best answered in the Answers to NOOB Questions thread.

My advice to all here is spend some time navigating around in this forum and see whats there. If you are new to the game or the forum, chances are that your question has already been answered. The admins do a good job sorting posts into appropriate categories as well.

Good luck, enjoy the forum and the game!

Hello all. I've been playing civ since 1993. I live in Seville, Spain. The reason to register in Fanatic's Forum is to try tell some ideas I have in my head. For example, a new leader will be Philip II, Spain, Organized and Protective, combination not marked by other leader.
thank you for the choice.

Hello all. I've been playing civ since 1993. I live in Seville, Spain. The reason to register in Fanatic's Forum is to try tell some ideas I have in my head. For example, a new leader will be Philip II, Spain, Organized and Protective, combination not marked by other leader.
thank you for the choice.

If you know how to create a MOD, you could do this yourself in Civ4. You might want to look at what MODS are available in this forum to download, what you suggest may already have been done and ready to download. Just a thought.

Hi im new here. I am a veteran of Civ III, and i have owned Civ IV for about a year now. I have used this site before and was REALLY impressed. Thanks!:scan:

Hi! I typically play as England, and love Rhye's and fall of civilization. My second choice (in the same thing) is persia. You can to invade Babylon right from the start!

BTS is the best for sure...

Hello I'm from Portugal and I'm addicted in Civ... I've done some downloads of mod's, patches, and stuff, but only now I'm here posting...

Hello;

I've been a lurker for awhile and decided to register today.

I started playing Civ IV, BtS in December. My husband got me hooked on the game, so that we can play lan games together on our laptops. We have a lot of fun and it's a hoot when I end up with a better starting spot then him.

I started out playing at warlord level, but I enjoy noble level more.

Top Bottom