Welcome New Members

Popping my cherry with post #1. I've played Civ-Civ5 and Civ Rev. Not completely relevant, but also a MOO/MOO2 fan and I still fondly remember MoM.

Hi everybody,

I am fan of Civilization since the Civilization2 on PS1. Time to join fan club.
...was 10 years ago.

Making my first post after lurking for many years. I've played Civ ever since the first edition came out for PCs. I'd be interested in hearing what your "startup" plan is: what are the first 5 things you produce, what "generally" is your order of technology research, and at what point do you stop building cities.

Hi Everybody.

My first post, i haven't been playing sins the first one, so no i am looking forward to play the fifth.
But i think my strategy stinks, so looking forward to your eminent guides.

Jjankare

Hello
Ive never had the pleasure of playing Civilzation on the computer till now. I always played it on the xbox. Finally got it on the computer, Civ 4 but none the less amazing. Wanted to have some questions answered and found this amazing site. Glad that Im a member.

Hello!
Kinda the same song and dance over and over, Ive been downloading from here for years and with the release of 5 I guessed it was time to join.

I do have an interesting proposal for a civ 4 mod that I am too lazy to make but I am willing to pay to have it made!! I have downloaded just about every mod here and cant get the mix I want of Civs and units. Everything but a few units are already on the site so it shouldn't be hard to do.

If anyone is truly interested I can email the things I want and you can then tell me how much it would cost to make it!

Guys,

I have been playing Civ IV a lot & similar to Civ IV, I was wondering how one can move two units on the same hex (Say Swordsman & Great General) together? It was possible in Civ IV but anyone knows how in Civ V? Naturally I would prefer to have my general with me while the military unit goes for battle. :)

Hello all. I and my brother are longtime Civ fans and glad a site like this exist for mutual knowledge and power :crazyeye:

Hello all. I and my brother are longtime Civ fans and glad a site like this exist for mutual knowledge and power :crazyeye:

Here we go again. I started with Civi 2 and played 3 off and on. Didn't care much for IV. V so far has been great. Been playing the Persians. Any suggestions as to best Civilization to play????:crazyeye:

*delurks*

Long-time reader, decided to join. Have been playing Civ since the original many, many years ago, and have been working away at Civ 5. The forum helped me immensely improve my Civ 4 strategies, and I hope to get even better!

Greetings fellow Fanatics. I've been playing Civilization since the very first version came out and I was knee high to a grasshopper. In fact I remember my Dad making me an electronic 9th birthday card using a CIV 1 diplomacy screenshot. It had Shaka saying something like "The great Zulu nation wishes you a happy birthday".

Since then Civilization has been a major part of my life. The depth and interest of history it gave me is probably a major reason why I chose to study the subject at University (at the only one to feature in the Civ series no less). Strangely enough, my tutors advised me against refencing the Civlopedia as a dissertation source! I also learnt much of my French from playing CIV2 in that language and took that subject at university as well. If CIV2 had an option to play in Japanese I'd probably be fluent in that now, given the time I spent playing it!

Due to my love for Civ2 it took me a long time to buy Civ 3. This one never appealed to me too much, especially because of the feeble catapult/artillery units in it and the Stack of Dooms. However the army feature was fun to use.

I bought CIV4 in the BtS edition and enjoyed it a lot. The number of different paths you could choose to follow and the overall feel of the game were great. Like many people I found the religions to be a bit too dominant for diplomacy but that was my only real gripe. I found this website to be really helpful in developing my strategy and owe a huge debt to all those who contributed to the War Academy.

Now I've just bought CivV and have mixed feelings about it. Arrorn's "Totally unbiased Review" http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=384645 is uncannilly close to my own feelings. I like the 1Upt, city states, ranged combat, and the return of goody huts but find unit maintenance and AI warmongering to be a real letdown. Still, I hope that these things will be ironed out soon. Also, the speed at which the game plays on my (fairly modern) laptop is really frustrating. I don't want to play the game in Strategic Mode but may be reduced to it if I am not to lose my entire social life to the game.

So, I've finally got round to joining this site after lurking for 18 months or so. Looking forward to discussing things with you.

I cut my teeth on Civ-2, and logged possibly literal months on it during high school. (Man, it was totally worth it, too).

Played Civ 4, now diving into Civ 5... and learning that it's kinda dumb to try to take a city with 2 spearmen...

I don't know the lingo or the details that well, but I do kind of want to do a play-through of my most enjoyable attempt so far. So, we'll see how that goes :)

I've visited these forums a couple of times in the past while searching stuff for Civ3 & 4, but decided to register only now that I wanted to ask something about the latest Civ.

I've been playing Civs since the first DOS version - that's probably in 1991 or 1992. I didn't have that game myself but was borrowed from a friend who suggested the game in the first place. I've bought and played all the major versions of the series ever since.

I would've registered as Wade like I usually do, but the name was taken so I decided to go with something similar that still wouldn't be mistaken for the other member. I'm aware that the correct written form is "Vade retro satana", but my brother thinks it's funny to call me WadeRetroSatana so I thought I'd go with that here.

I'm currently at work and should be doing something completely different, so I'll keep this introduction short and sweet...

Hello all... been a Civ nut for many years now, and am extremely excited for the arrival of the new game.

Look forward also to reading up on the forums and trying to improve my play in Civ5.

Top Bottom