Welcome New Members

Hi everyone!
First time I played civ in 1996 when the first part i got it from my cousin.
Excuse me for my poor language I m from macedonia.

I just found this site, I am still playing CIV 3 b/c the new game exceeds my computers specs. I mainly play SC4 and this on the side, but I was looking for news on the expansion coming out and this site popped up.
I work as a field research assistant in Okeechobee FL, but live in Orlando. I see that you can add units to the game but it is not a simple task it seems. I tried and failed my first one even with the tuturial. Anyone with more tips or simple ways to do it would be helpful.
Thank
GQ

Yo DJG what are your specs? Because I'm running v1.61 beautifully and I'm using an athalon 1600, a 64mb geforce 2 ti, and dial-up!

and by the way, hi to all. Name's Nate, been playing civ since 1994. Thought civIII left much to be desired, but this one rocks my socks off.

I read (all of) RB1; I'd highly reccomend it for noobs. check my sig for a link.

hi everybody! i am new, how are you?

i know people probably don't play civ 3 anymore, but i was wondering if there was a way to make a default queue that is always used instead of having to input it everytime you build a city!?

Hi all,

I used to post here under NWOGlobalist back in Civ 3 days. I have sinced changed my semi-parody handle to reflect my true convictions. That's republican with a little "r" for a reason. I have no affinity to this current regime. We should leave the empire building to the Civers and Modders, not to Bush and the DOD. Just my two cents...

Hi there

I introduce myself:
I spent a part of my life playing CIV1 and CIV2 -- I loved those games. That was several years ago, though. As I climbed levels and developed strategy, I gradually grew weary of such things as reloading, exploiting bugs and the like. The true challenge was, to set the game at the highest level of difficulty (what was it btw? was it "immortal"?), to accept the starting conditions and to win.
A few months ago I decided to try CIV4 -- first I got mad with the game because the old strategies seemed not to work at all, then I adapted to the game and got definitely addicted. I'm playing Monarch now and I win, but it takes a couple of weeks to finish a game. I have abandoned the old strategies but I have kept my style of playing -- I take what the computer gives me and try to do my best with it. Btw, I have realized that I learn much more from my mistakes if I can't just reload.
Goal: to play deity and win in my way, or at least to give the AI a very hard time ;)
Good to be here!

Hello everyone, New member, I love this game and this forum is a great idea. I loom forward to lots of fun and informative chat.

Lo all.

I'm Sneltrekker.

My history with the Civ games is kind of:

I remember playing this game called Colonization once. And I liked it. Not much after I was playing Civ II.

After that I played some Alpha Centauri, and I played Civ III at a friend's place now and then on his LAN.

Civ IV is the first one I really got addicted to. Mostly playing Fall from Heaven 2 mod though. Decided to finally register here now today.

sup everyone... this site has rather turned into a complex one from what i know... i remember it first used to be so simple...

Hi I'm new here too and have just joined since finding this site two years ago.
I own Civ4 and have played the demos of Civ3 like crazy. I'm very good a Civ4 and although I'm to the forum I'm not new to Civ4.:D

Nukes are Man's way of telling nature to shut up!

hello just thought I would say hi. been play the civ games since the first and can't get enough.

Hi All,
I first played CIV 2 yrs ago and got addicted to it then, and got CIV 3 as soon as it came out but never played online, then when CIV 4 came out I had to upgrade my puter just so I could play it. Now after about 9 months I've had time to get online. It's a blast but wish I could connect with some of the older players. Noting against you young guys, just the generation gap I guess. Man I never thought I'd be saying that. Remember "Never trust anyone over 30!" I guess I can't trust myself...:)

Hey, I'm about a two year veteran of Civ. I started with Civ III and loved it. I heard about Civ IV a fairly long time befor it came out. I love Civ IV. Can't wait till I get the expansion pack!

Hi everybody new to the forums and fairly new to Civ IV just finished reading sullas walkthrough and Cuban Isolationists great Inspiration.:D Yea thats about it.:crazyeye:

Hello all,

I have been playing civ since civ ii. Bought civ iii the day it hit the shelves. The same with the expansion packs and civ iv. I have almost all of the games that Sid Meier's created except Pirates. (Divorce is expensive but worth it.) so i went with civ iv instead..

Top Bottom