Welcome New Members

Hello! I started with civ 3 around 12 years old. Had no idea 4 existed, so when I saw an article for 5 in the paper (front page) I got so excited and bought it "opening day" (which also got me into steam).

Hi all. My name is Cl(which stands for chlorine) from Hong Kong. I first started playing Civ I on SNES when I was in secondary school(when i was 14). Then I jumped to Civ IV 7 years ago and Civ has since then become my favourite series. Nice to meet you all.

Hi all!
Been playing since CIV 1 on the Amiga back in 1990(?)
Registered back in 2005 and have been lurking for the last 5 years since i lost my password.
Just got it reset in order to join the Civ IV discussion!

I've been lurking for a decade but I'm so excited about Civilization VI that I had to come out of hiding! :D

I've been playing Civ from the start, it's just a great game. Been following the site for years so I thought it was time to register!

Hello.

Im from Portugal, and I play Civilization since the 1st, on early 90s i believe. As we re getting nearer the Civ 6 launch i felt it was time to join you guys and contribute to the community.

Im really excited and counting days to the launch on steam as im definitly gonna get it the second its released.

Ill be active as im gonna play this one to the full extent because looks the great Civ ever.

See you all soon.

Hey everyone! Long time lurker who is also stoked for Civ VI! I got my start with IV and really got into it with V. Looking forward to Friday!

Hey everyone,

Stated playing with Civ IV and put so many hours into that game. Never got CiV, but seeing Civ VI has gotten me so excited about the franchise again. Feel like I've watched every Let's Play that's came out and found my way here looking to learn more as VI seems very complex/strategic. Also hoping to play the game at a higher level than I ever played IV. Looking forward to speaking with many of you on here!

Hi everyone. I'm in the northwest United States. Have known about the Civ series forever, and my adult kids have played it for ages, but this is the first time I'm buying it for myself too. Very excited!

Hello all. I love the CIV series. I started on CIV III. I love the game style. I never have gotten very good but have passed many days enjoying this game. I have been trolling civfanatics for the past 5 years. Picking up different strategies here and there to explore. Thought it was time for me to register and let all know I may have to take tomorrow off of work. That is how much I enjoy playing Civilization!!

Hi all. I started with Civ 1 25 years ago and also got Civ II then Civ III. I accidentally sat on the CD for Civ III and broke it and never bothered to replace it. I had a long layoff until I switched to a Mac and downloaded Civ V and became re-hooked on the game. Civ IV (with pretty well all expansions) was on special offer so I got that a little later. However, after playing V the interface seemed clunky and the maps nothing like so good-looking so I only played a few games.

Looking forward to Civ VI of course!

EDIT: I forgot Alpha Centauri! I played that around the turn of the millennium but preferred the "vanilla" Civ games.

Last edited:
Hello, been playing since the very first civilization, and played them all (except colonization). I had an account here about 5 years ago but lost my password and no longer have that email so I just created a new account. :)

Well hello. I have played Civilization since Civ II (apart from Beyond Earth which I bought but didn't enjoy at all). Apart from Civ, I don't play that many games, over the last few years this has been pretty much the only one (apart from pointless mobile games).

I don't expect to be posting that much on here but thought I'd introduce myself nonetheless. I think I joined already last year but for some reason the forum never let me in until now (I vaguely recall I had problems receiving an activation email or something like that). Back then, I probably had a question which I've already forgotten. :D

Hi,
I am new to the game, have a few months CIV 5 experience though. When I played CIV 4, I used the Editor very often to cheat so please don't count that experience in LOL

I look forward to the MP side of CIV 6 mainly because such experience was missing in CIV 5, I guess that's because I was a late comer in CIV 5 so no body were actually active enough online, bought it just less than a year ago.

I may ask stupid questions because after all I am very new to the series. I will also crazily post some of my experience up without a very good presentation nor great writing skills because I am not quite literate but have great interest in history. So do excuse me if ever I wrote something meaningless. :D

Technically, I come from RTS genre, most notably is Rise of Nations + Thrones and Patriot, Company of Heroes I & II, Age of Empires II (LONG LONG time ago). I don't play FPS seriously, except maybe Battlefield 1 but don't expect me to be loyal to that cause that doesn't require thinking and the use of strategies.

Also, I used to be a big fan of adventure games, point and click, Syberia I & II, The Black Mirror I & II, Fahrenheit, Moment of Silence, Overclocked, which I have played them to the end.

I tried to play other turn-based games like Sin of the Solar Empire but couldn't bear some of its features so gave up in the end.

But I like CIV series. Had a couple of hours already online, and great experience though I am still very doggy about how district plays out but like one of the added features of borrowing CS's military when request, really useful and logical as far as a simulation is concerned.

Hello I got surpriesed by my friends for my birthday with a gift - Civilization 6. I have never played the franchise before so I am about to ask a lot of dumb questions.

Hello
Long time observer - finally made the jump
Great forum - the best
I am a Civ fanatic too since Civ 5
Nice to be here - thanks

Top Bottom