Welcome to the Diplomacy II Sub-Forum!

Awesome!!!

Sry, had some troubles in RL :(
Did TAdF already upload it for you, or should I still find a new file hosting service?

I downloaded the mod and it did not work. :(

IIRC it didn't really work for me last time either, as there was some minor glitch that I got around by using some mod-fixing program. Not exactly sure. But what I am going to do at this point is look at it and see what I can salvage. This is going to take a few days of just looking through files, let alone checking what did and didn't work.

In some ways this is a good thing, because it forces me to go back and do things the correct way. In many other ways it is very bad, the guy who did most of my SDK work is MIA (Thomas SG), and I am quite sure he either does not have the original source files or he will not be willing to do it again as it was such a task to get him to do it before. So we will see. :(

Hey man,

I was just wondering how is progress going on the mod? I remember when I was active last you unfortunately had quite a handful of RL problems to take care of.

Even though I'm officially retired now, I'm willing to offer my services if you still need help with diplomacy music and/or leader personalities - that much my laziness will allow me to do.

Right now I am in the process of cutting down on some of the graphics and updating the mod from the playtest TAdF had to as close as I can possibly get to the point my computer stopped working, if that makes sense. I am also working on some units for America (ancient and medieval) and an Armenian modular civ. That stuff will be available in the next playtest, which I am hoping should be about a week out from now. Armenia is finished, the graphics updates are almost finished too, and the American units are the last things I have to do.

After that, I am going to work on getting the religions updated (just graphically) and add in the inquisitors. I am also making a Maasai modular civ as well, which I am hoping to create units for (but this will be like relearning unit-making). So there is some stuff coming up, I think veBear may be working on some Dutch units too but I am not sure when that will be finished.

I might do some editing to the leaderheads/leaders as well.

Okay, I have been gone a LONG time!

I am very sorry, I couldn't help it, I enjoy doing this and would love nothing more than to sit around modding Civ IV but alas, that wasn't what I was destined to do.

Anyway, it looks like I might get that chance back again. Rather than promise the world I am simply going to start telling you what I am up to. The first order of business is to see how my mod looked when I last modded it, which was nearly a year ago. I played a couple quick games and it seems pretty good. There are a few glaring issues with the Inquisitors, but other than that it seems nearly ready for release. I know it isn't though, so I have to look deeper. I also want some really cool modular civs to release with it, I have the Hungarians and Timurids loaded into the mod (or "had" them loaded into the mod when I last played it before my absence) and they seem pretty much perfect to me. Some more playtesting is in order. A few new thoughts though; firstly should the French and Franks be combined? On a similar note should either the Byzantines and Romans or Greeks be combined? Any thoughts?

Okay, I have been gone a LONG time!

I am very sorry, I couldn't help it, I enjoy doing this and would love nothing more than to sit around modding Civ IV but alas, that wasn't what I was destined to do.

Anyway, it looks like I might get that chance back again. Rather than promise the world I am simply going to start telling you what I am up to. The first order of business is to see how my mod looked when I last modded it, which was nearly a year ago. I played a couple quick games and it seems pretty good. There are a few glaring issues with the Inquisitors, but other than that it seems nearly ready for release. I know it isn't though, so I have to look deeper. I also want some really cool modular civs to release with it, I have the Hungarians and Timurids loaded into the mod (or "had" them loaded into the mod when I last played it before my absence) and they seem pretty much perfect to me. Some more playtesting is in order. A few new thoughts though; firstly should the French and Franks be combined? On a similar note should either the Byzantines and Romans or Greeks be combined? Any thoughts?

Welcome back! :goodjob:
I would leave them the way they are now, your mod was planned this way
If combining happens, the French/Franks would be my first choice by far

:band:

Alright, I agree with all your points, though I can't remember which modular Civs were added aside from the ones you mentioned, either. I agree that the French and the Franks would be the most reasonable to combine, though I can't remember if you have Austria on there. The only reason I bring that up is because you used the Franks as a replacement for HRE, iirc.

I think for now I am going to leave it as-is. Tomorrow I am off and am just doing things around the house, Civ will be one of them, so I'll be very busy with you guys. I might even release a few units I made. ;)

So, I have been working on my mod, doing some playtesting and the Hungarians and Timurids both look great. So I figured I'd check out another module and guess what? I don't have them anymore. None of them, I am friggin pissed!!!!

Which means I have to remake every single modular civ there is. So there is going to be a complete reworking on each civ, each pack, each leader and UU and UB and everything! So basically I have to get the inquisitors working and then I think I'm going to release v.1 of the mod. Hopefully it is passable, don't worry, if you want I'll send you playtest but I'd ideally like to get this game into the hands of someone who can fix the Inquisitors for me quickly. Any ideas on someone who would be able to do this and also be willing to do this?

I still have your module pack on my comp, which you sent out with one of the playtests
Hungary, Huns, Phoenicia, Nubia, Teutons and Timurids are in it.

Also, I made a total inquisitor overhaul in RFCEurope a couple months ago.
Here is what I did for RFCE:
Inquisition overhaul:

- All persecutions can remove maximum one religion
- Chooseable religion for the human player, with a popup on persecution if there are more than one possible target religions
- The AI will choose it's target religion based on a preset order of the religions:
  • - Catholicism as state religion: Islam, Protestantism, Judaism, Orthodoxy
  • - Orhodoxy as state religion: Islam, Judaism, Catholicism, Protestantism
  • - Protestantism as state religion: Catholicism, Islam, Orthodoxy, Judaism
  • - Islam as state religion: Catholicism, Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Judaism
  • - Judaism as state religion: Islam, Protestantism, Orthodoxy, Catholicism
- Tolerance factor for the AI: how tolerant are the different civs towards non-state religions:
  • - The most tolerant civs won't purge any religions
  • - Some will only purge Islam if they have a Chistian State Religion, or purge the Christian religions if they have Islam as state religion
  • - Some civs will also purge Judaism (on top of the previous category)
  • - Some civs will purge everything other than their State Religion (so even the other 2 Christian religions if they are Christian)
- Holy cities cannot be persecuted from their holy religion
- Your state religion cannot be persecuted, and you can only persecute if you have a state religion
- Persecution has a base chance to succeed between 50% and 90%, based on your civ's faith
- The base chance is modified in the following cases:
  • - Religious buildings of the target religion (in the target city) slightly lower this chance
  • - Religious wonders of the target religion (in the target city) seriously lower this chance
  • - Jerusalem has a lower base chance on default
- If persecution succeeds, all religious buildings are destroyed (including religious wonders - this will fix the inconsistency with the Spanish UHV)
- The AI won't purge religions in cities where there is a wonder tied to that religion
- Small revolt and unhappiness after both successful and unsuccessful persecution
- Short term stability loss (Swing Stability) after successful persecution
- Some of the population is killed/expelled if persecution succeeds
- Gold loot from the killed/expelled population and from the destroyed buildings
- Successful persecution increases your faith by one
- Interface message for the successful/unsuccessful persecution
- If Judaism is persecuted, it has 80% chance to move to another city on the map, also with interface message
- Diplomatic penalty with civs who has the persecuted religion as their state religion

Some of these work differently in vanilla CIv IV, obviously
Still, I guess I can check the inquisition in Diplomacy too if you want me to

Well, I guess what I'll need is for you to send those modular civs over. I will probably remove the Tuetonic Knights though and put them in a different pack.

Once you do that I'll check them, do one more test and tie up a few loose ends and then I'll send it over to you so you can look at the Inquisition. Then I'm just gonna get this over with and release it.

I just wanted to post what my plans are over the next couple of weeks so everybody knows what I am doing with this mod.

The first thing I need to get finished is the Hungarian module along with Arpad. For now all this requires is some new era-flags and then of course Arpad himself. The playtest I will release to a few people will include both a Hungarian and Timurid module.

After that is completed I am going to send the mod, as-is, out to a couple of people to get the Inquisitors ironed out.

While the Inquisitors are getting fixed I am going to work on some new graphics for a few civs. This is where I will need the new ancient Dutch units. As of right now the plans are to overhaul the Dutch, Japanese, Indians, Americans and English. Hopefully I can finish this right as the Inquisition feature is finished and that is when I will release the playtest.

I will wait around two weeks for playtesting. During this time I am going to do another graphics overhaul. This is when I am going to check for general stuff, I am also going to finalize some great people and get the mod streamlined graphically (new leaderhead graphics and maybe new leaders, new flags) as well as finish the last few modules that will comprise module pack one. I do not know which these will be just yet, but I am thinking they will be Hungary, the Timurids, the Mughals, the Hittites, Nubia, and Phoenicia.

Once the playtest results are in and the modules are fixed the mod will be released. I have been saying this for two years now and I believe this time it will be ready.

This will be version 1, there are plans to also finish up the religion cutscenes and tie up any loose ends discovered. I will release module pack two a month or so after the release of the mod as well as an update to the mod itself and an extra-leaders expansion pack. Module pack two will be a mixture of civilizations. The next module pack after that will be themed, I am thinking either a Crusades module pack, the Americas module pack, or Europe module pack 1, but I am not sure yet.

I am going to attempt to get a playtest up for you guys sometime this week. I just got my hands on some really cool stuff, I am also going to upload modules for the Timurids, Hungary, Nubia, and Saim, as well as Arpad and Murkerios (sp?) along with it. I won't tell you what the surprise is but it is really really cool and hope it makes up for my constant absences. I am also doing a nice little graphic overhaul on some of the civs, basically tightening up the look of many unit sets and making the game more graphically streamlined (i.e. getting rid of excess units that are unneeded or making the game larger). So it is a great deal of work, but I think you will be happy with what I have done. :goodjob:

Sweet! You know we're all looking forward to it!

So. I know its been years, but I have still been tweaking this thing awaiting a triumphant return to modding/CFC. Well, due to a ridiculous series of events that I don't really feel like getting into I lost EVERYTHING for this mod. I implore anybody who may have a test version of this mod to please send it to me. I will finish this thing. Even if it is five years later. :rolleyes:

:O That's terrible! I think I had a version of it on one of my laptops before I upgraded to my current computer, but I uninstalled Civ from there in 2012 because of how crappy that laptop had become. I don't think I still have any Diplomacy II files, but I can take a peek and see when I have the time.

Hey dude, nice to see you again :beer:
You will love me, because I still have the latest version of everything you sent me, on my old computer: The 5th version of the modpack itself, a patch for it, and the civ pack.
Diplomacy_II_playtest_5.rar (~600 megabytes), Diplomacy_II_playtest_5_patch.rar (~2 megabytes), Diplomacy_II_ModulePack1.rar (~65 megabytes)

Three cheers for AbsintheRed!

Top Bottom