WH40K: Battle for Armageddon development thread

Testing takes a lot of time. Orks only doing what I want like half the time. But if they capture 3 out of 5 hives quick enough, the game goes exactly as I want it to go... till the point where the player has to strike back. While I can stand for my hives at the middle of the game, I have no chances to take over captured hives. So I buffed player's late game quite a bit:

1) I doubled the games time, which also leaves the possiblity to explore both tech tree branches. But first two teches have only very niche untis, which you don't really want to waste time on. You want space marines, land trains and titans ASAP;

2) Buffed some lategame units on offence. The problem is, you have a couple of them from the start, and I don't want to overbuff the player at the beginning;

3) Made space marines stronger and spawn more often. I am at a such severe disadvantage, that even 10-15 marine companies won't turn the tide by themselves. Dante's Arrival wonder will autoproduce Space Marines too;

4) Now top-tier improvements will autoproduce units every 2 turns;

5) Orks won't be able to drop gargantz, squiggothz and tank korpz trough Rokz.

Ok, I did like 20 hours of playtesting and really have no more neither time, no strength to continue. There are plenty of situations, which I would like to test, but it will take too much time, unfortunately, which I cannot afford, since my vacation is nearing its end. I really need help with testing at this point. So it will take me a day or two to hunt down a left bugs, and then I will publish it.

The Nobz unit only cost 1 shield to make. Assuming this is wrong?

Thank you for the report!

Yes and no, The Orks has to be 1 shield, but they shouldn't be buildable. I found, that I forgot to assign "King" ability to them to restrict their production. It shouldn't be game changing that much, since ork build all the stuff in one turn, but I still strongly recommend to update .biq with quick fix. Just re-download file from here.

Top Bottom