What are all the errors in the sucky manual?

I don't blame them for not knowing about things.
But I can blame them for complaining about it without checking, and thus making a fool of themself.

I argue that given the circumstances he would have been foolish to check something that looks like an obvious typo. Who checks on something obvious that they're certain about? His assumptions were logical given that he did not know that something called "Ancien Regime" existed. I do agree that in a vacuum complaining about a typo is silly, but given the state that the entire manual is in...

@Surgeon: I was posting in defense of someone else. Kind of ironic that you didn't check that when you're trying to give someone flak for not checking something. :lol:

Found another one:

Unique Trait
Barbary Corsairs: Whenever you destroy a Barbarian naval unit, there’s a 50% chance of
instead converting it to your side and earning 25 Gold.

Haven't played as the Ottomans, but I've been informed it doesn't work this way.

*sigh* more:

Page 94

Adopting Tradition will immediately
provide a bonus of +2 Food per turn generated in
the Capital.

Page 203 (Policy Table)

Tradition Tradition None None +1 Food per turn in the Capital City

So which is it?

I argue that given the circumstances he would have been foolish to check something that looks like an obvious typo. Who checks on something obvious that they're certain about? His assumptions were logical given that he did not know that something called "Ancien Regime" existed. I do agree that in a vacuum complaining about a typo is silly, but given the state that the entire manual is in...

@Surgeon: I was posting in defense of someone else. Kind of ironic that you didn't check that when you're trying to give someone flak for not checking something. :lol:

Tyrael, you're the most reasonable person in this thread.

And Ahriman is coming off as a total jackass. I don't see why assuming that an English word was misspelled makes Horserush look like a fool. Perfectly reasonable to assume it's a misspelled English phrase, in, you know, an English game, than to think that it's a French term which he's never heard of.

Actually, my manual has the (correct) English spelling, while in game it has the (correct, down to the accent) French spelling.

So I say fail.

Tyrael, you're the most reasonable person in this thread.

And Ahriman is coming off as a total jackass. I don't see why assuming that an English word was misspelled makes Horserush look like a fool. Perfectly reasonable to assume it's a misspelled English phrase, in, you know, an English game, than to think that it's a French term which he's never heard of.

Everyone knows (or should know) what happens when you assume.

Not a manual error (far as I know), but in the game there is a tooltip error with the rocket artillery. Says you dont have to set up to fire with rocket artillery, but in fact you do.

I like "ogliarchy" on the reference chart. Rule by voyeurs and peeping toms. :)

Not a manual error (far as I know), but in the game there is a tooltip error with the rocket artillery. Says you dont have to set up to fire with rocket artillery, but in fact you do.

I think this is a bug. It seems that artillery upgraded to rockets carry over the setup "trait".

Not sure though, since I've never actually built one from scratch, all mine need to be set up before firing.

And is it just me, or does it sometimes let you fire after setting up even though it says the unit's out of moves?

I think this is a bug. It seems that artillery upgraded to rockets carry over the setup "trait".

Not sure though, since I've never actually built one from scratch, all mine need to be set up before firing.

And is it just me, or does it sometimes let you fire after setting up even though it says the unit's out of moves?

If the current road movement is 3 squares and you move 2 squares on a road and setup you will still be able to fire, though your movement says 0/2.

Top Bottom