what are nukes good for?

I don't usually nuke cities I want, but hitting one tile off makes them much easier to raze.

Two other uses are nuing an important resourse, or taking out a Stack of Doom. I do this when there are only two civs left, and rep. dosent matter.

I completely agree with all of you, mainly saying that nukes are worthless yet good to have around, it seems that the AI really doens't care about them, and when you DO use them, unless you are all powerful you end up taking a bigger blow than you would like. What would be nice is what steviejay is describing. In CTP2 (Call to Power 2 ;-)) there were many treaties that they didn't include in Civ3 that kind of disappointed me. The nuke reduction amt%, the pollution reduction amt%, and other small yet nice things to have. One of the main things I miss from CTP2 is the "Set Target" option for nukes. This acted exactly how steviejay mentioned, if you were hit with a nuke, your nukes (within that city) would fire at the city it was set to target, even i the city was destroyed (yes you could destroy cities with nukes in CTP2) the nukes would still launch, I coudl almost envision the two nukes passing each other in mid-air :). The fun thing about this was that if your city was hit with a nuke and your nukes were launched to another enemy city and that city had "targeted nukes" they would hit your city and if THAT city had nukes it would fire on it's target city, etc etc. God I mss that :)

Top Bottom