What Are You Doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Irish particularly hard for the typical Irish youngster?
well, we start learning it at around 5 years old in primary school [*remembers neilí the eilifint, and ispíni agus subh*] but it doesnt really sink in. i doubt most people here could have a conversation in irish, asides from some simple sentences. It`d be about as hard as french, except we dont have easily recognisable latin words like french.

What am I doing?

Well.... I discovered that no one can tell the difference between me actually doing work and posting on CFC... so I'm posting at work.

Well, I feel like I'm saving the world :)

well, we start learning it at around 5 years old in primary school [*remembers neilí the eilifint, and ispíni agus subh*] but it doesnt really sink in. i doubt most people here could have a conversation in irish, asides from some simple sentences. It`d be about as hard as french, except we dont have easily recognisable latin words like french.

I suppose eilifint is elephant?

Slowly working my way through improving my English coursework...

I suppose eilifint is elephant?
the language sort of stopped evolving in the 1800s, which is why we are now stuck with recently added words which are basically slurred english words.

on topic; browsing some forums, hearing the news in the background updateing on the massacre in virginia, finding out what the chinese yuan is worth on a currency converter.

the language sort of stopped evolving in the 1800s, which is why we are now stuck with recently added words which are basically slurred english words.

So elephants only existed after the 1800s? :confused:

;)

On topic: still doing the bloody English coursework improvements.

Wishing that the book report i should've done over the holidays would finish itself. (not that I'm actually doing it...)

EDIT; Now I have a craving for a Bacon Deluxe burger from Hungry Jacks, but its a 30 minute walk to get there and I can't be bothered walking that far for a burger.(well, not at 9:20pm)

Getting ready to do English coursework improvements.

right now I'm waiting for abaddon to reach his goal word count for the day so we can go home! at my uni computer cluster so not much going on, lots of people watching and twiddling my thumbs....

and im not exactly helping that target...

*ducks as GT launches another ball of paper in my direction*

GT and Abaddon are now going to the Pub to sit in the sun and relax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom