What are your saving habits?

How often do you save?

• Once a turn. Better safe then sorry!

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • Oh, about once every five turns or so.

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Every 10-20 turns.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Before any major event (war, revoloution, etc)

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Saving!? Bah! Saving is for cowards and weaklings!

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • Autosave

Votes: 23 18.0%

• Total voters
Autosave! [dance]

I save at "landmark" dates (1000 BC, 10BC/AD etc)., or just before the end of a session later in the game.
If I start to have crash problems I'll save the end of each turns so I don't have to re-do all those moves like what you have to if you rely on autosave.

It used to be before major wars/"policy shifts" in my early playing days, now its usually at the end of a session.

I can see the benefits of saving pre-major event for new players, but as you progress you should be able to correct misjudgements, and face up to them as they are your fault :p

Other than that, save before game victory (in case I want to see the end again) or rely on autosave :)

I feel like many people post here just to increase the number of posts they have..
Well... I reckon I am guilty as well....

Personally, I have autosave on and only save when having trouble overtaking a city with a few units (a form of legal cheating). I have done this ever since i've had CivII. If your computer crashes all he time, update your hardware, make sure you have the latest patch on your computer and make sure your software is up to date.

I used to be addicted to saving but nowadays I only make a proper save when I am about to go through a major event or when I am about to quit. I still have autosave on just in case something stupid happens...

dmanakho said:
I feel like many people post here just to increase the number of posts they have..
Well... I reckon I am guilty as well....
It's the other way around. I have a big postcount because I answer compulsively in survey threads.

(OK, hundreds of posts in the ACW threads will have helped too ...)

I probably save once every 2-3 turns. During a major war it's once a turn and early on about once every 10 or so

Autosave -

And before any major event, or times when my plans ambigious , but i normally always save before wars, so i can reload it again and kick the comps ass all over :mischief:

Top Bottom