Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Netscape

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Different browsers for different purposes

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • RadioActiveMonkeyBrowser

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
I feel sorry for you, especialy the security holes in IE7 :pat:.

Also, IE does not show right on a widescreen monitor anyway.

Firefox is not hole free. The difference is not as many people use FF and the makers don't leave the holes open for 200 years before fixing them.;)

I feel sorry for you, especialy the security holes in IE7 :pat:.

Also, IE does not show right on a widescreen monitor anyway.

I have a 15.4" widescreen, aspect ratio 16:10. I don't see any problems myself. Maybe you could show me a screenshot of this happening? It might have only been a beta problem, or something similar.

As for the security holes, every browser has them. Even safari for windows had loads on the first day of release. However, IE7 is patched regularly, and otherwise I don't hear of anyone for whom IE7 has failed them with security, resulting in something bad happening.

Anyway, I'm sure you like FireFox, just IMO it isn't necessarily better, but dependent upon one's opinion :) .

Grohan said:
Opera ftw. The only bad thing about Opera is that it crashes pretty often on my computer. :(

Get IE7 - hardly crashes with me ;). What OS are you running?

Strange, I am running Firefox on a Vista virtual machine and I have yet gotten any crashes.

Also, I have gotten Firefox to work on a Windows 95 virtual machine :mischief:.

Opera, Firefox and IE all shouldn't crash, I run them all a lot (currently on ~280 hours of uptime with all 3 on Vista), you've likely got an underlying problem with your computer or OS.
Can you be more specific of the potential problem? :)

I don't know if Winamp (+ its plugins) are connected to crashes but Opera tends to crash when I'm running Winamp. Maybe it's just my imagination but it could be possible because I run winamp about 50% of time when I'm using Opera.

Firefox at home, IE 6 at work.
You know, you can download Firefox portable onto a USB Memory Stick so you can use it at work :).

It's quite sad to see people forced to use IE6 dispite the security holes.

If the work computer security settings allow flash drives. Some companies' IT systems block that now for security of data, though I don't think it's widespread, yet. And I doubt the company's done that if they're still using IE 6.

I downloaded Firefox onto my account on the school computers so I could use it everywhere. Just so much better than IE.

You know, you can download Firefox portable onto a USB Memory Stick so you can use it at work :).

It's quite sad to see people forced to use IE6 dispite the security holes.

And risk getting fired for it? When you use your employer's computers, you use them the way your employer wants you to use them.

If your company has a competent IT department, then they're already aware of the security problems in IE6 and are aware of workarounds for them (such as restricting ActiveX only to domains where it's actually needed, etc.)

IE crashes a lot for me. FF crashes a bit and Opera crashes ver rarely. Because I have broadband which cuts in and out (it's satelitte and ver vulnerable to weather) when the conneection goes the browsers handle it differently.

Top Bottom