• Netscape

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Different browsers for different purposes

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • RadioActiveMonkeyBrowser

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
kalif said:
mouse gestures means, that you dont need to move the cursor to the "back-","forward-" or "new page" icons.

you simply rightclick your mouse and move it to the left, right, up or down to go back a site in your history or open a new page, or copy a page, or whatever. really handy! and saves you lot of "onscreen-moving" :)

There is a plugin for IE which does something similar... IE Pro I think it is called. It does make browsing easier.

Thoes 12 people are certanly brave souls risking using a risky browser.

Provided you have a decent Firewall and Anti-Virus there shouldn't be much of a problem using IE. However, if they're using IE in the first place, they probably don't know what a Firewall or Anti-Virus are...

Provided you have a decent Firewall and Anti-Virus there shouldn't be much of a problem using IE. However, if they're using IE in the first place, they probably don't know what a Firewall or Anti-Virus are...

:eek: :rolleyes: :lol: The prejudice and persecution one must endure just to use Microsoft Internet Explorer....well, at least I got one compliment - apparently I am "brave". I think all this security business gets to some of your Firefox user heads sometimes...:p

I use Firefox. I'm not that happy with it, it takes longer to load then IE, but custom skinning and addons such as Adblock = win.

Thoes 12 people are certanly brave souls risking using a risky browser.

I think this is a gross exaggeration. Firefox has a lot of holes as well, so the same statement could apply for nearly anyone else getting on the internet. You need backup security for both browsers anyway.

:eek: :rolleyes: :lol: The prejudice and persecution one must endure just to use Microsoft Internet Explorer....well, at least I got one compliment - apparently I am "brave". I think all this security business gets to some of your Firefox user heads sometimes...:p

Just making huge over-generalisations since there are a hell of a lot of people who think that Internet Explorer IS the internet.

Kazehakase 0.2.8
Firefox 1.0.7

kalif said:
opera. afaik its the only browser with mouse gestures.
i wonder how many kilometers of moving the mouse from one corner of the screen to the other it has saved me. no more tennis arms from surfing the web
Kazehakase has mouse gestures! :)

In Firefox, I tend to use Alt-Left and Alt-Right when keeping my hands on the keyboard.

This is why I refuse to use IE:

The security website Secunia keeps an up-to-date list of known unpatched vulnerabilities. According to the Washington Post, Internet Explorer was known to have exploit code for unpatched critical flaws for 284 days of 2006. The article goes on to compare this with 9 days for Mozilla Firefox.

and

Internet Explorer supports, to some degree, a number of standardized technologies, but has numerous implementation gaps and conformance failures—some minor, some not—that have led to criticism from an increasing number of developers. The increase is attributable, in large part, to the fact that competing browsers that offer relatively thorough, standards-compliant implementations are becoming more widely used.

Internet Explorer's ubiquity, in spite of its inferiority in this area, frustrates developers who want to write standards-compliant, cross-browser code and the advanced functionality it provides, because they are often stuck coding pages around Internet Explorer's bugs, proprietary featureset, and missing standards support instead.

Developers must work with the technology supported across all browsers for cross-platform development, and Internet Explorer is often criticized for being technically inferior. These include supporting fewer or wrongly interpreting more CSS, HTML, and DOM features than Firefox or Opera and not having native XHTML support. As a result of these, it does not pass the Acid2 test, a test case designed by the Web Standards Project to verify CSS compliance.

Opera and Firefox.

IE is just too scary to use, due to security concerns. And the fact I never got the 15 viruses from IE on Firefox. :p

Opera is like a better IE7.

Also, IE is actually the majority of Internet usage, I believe its at least in the high-80 percentage, while Firefox is around 10 percentage.

I think Firefox was the first thing I installed on this computer when I got it, as I just liked the browser. And tabs, they're nice too.

I had to install Netscape to be able to get Firefox. For some reason when I was on IE, I could not get to the firefox site and thus I eventually was able to get the browser I wanted, Firefox.

Pfft, Firefox had tabs before IE :rolleyes: :p

That helps you to access some sites that only IE users canget, so it is a valuable extention. So far I do not have it, since every site I have been to so far has been FF friendly.

This thread leads me to wonder if Firefox has a bigger market share than we thought :D

This thread leads me to wonder if Firefox has a bigger market share than we thought :D

Doubtful, you have to remember that this is a rather bias poll. The majority of the people who post on internet forums tend to be more experienced with computers in general. It's also likely that they spend a lot of time on the internet, so security is a larger concern.

As someone said earlier.. there is a lot of people who thing Internet Explorer is is internet.

Doubtful, you have to remember that this is a rather bias poll. The majority of the people who post on internet forums tend to be more experienced with computers in general. It's also likely that they spend a lot of time on the internet, so security is a larger concern.

As someone said earlier.. there is a lot of people who thing Internet Explorer is is internet.

That is very true the ignorant masses who tend to like buying a assembled machine (shudder) from companies like dell and HP (shudder) usually think that Internet explorer is the only browser out there and that is it the internet itself! God save us all!

That is very true the ignorant masses who tend to like buying a assembled machine (shudder) from companies like dell and HP (shudder) usually think that Internet explorer is the only browser out there and that is it the internet itself! God save us all!
When I told my mother about switching to Mozilla, she was like:

There's a program that does the same as Internet Explorer?

Top Bottom