what civics do you run?

kristopherb

Protective/Charismatic
yes this is a open ended question.given the fact you can run any civic without UN intervening.

i run:
representation:boost in research
vassalage:experence points
serfdom:faster workers
state propity:loads of money
thoecracy:experence points

Representation, also Police State
Bureaucracy
Serfdom, then Emancipation
Free Market
Organized Religion, later maybe Free Religion

US: I am usually rich at the end game, so I can gold rush a lot, but rep before that

Free Speech: 100% culture bonus is awesome, but I run Bureaucracy before that, and vassalge during war

Emancipation: self explainable, I run serfdom before that, except the one time I used slavery until around 1700

State Property: Best Civic Ever. Workshops no longer minus food, and waterwheels add food, and no distance costs. No contest here

Free Religion: Research bonus, and no diplo penalties (or bonuses), more happiness. Pacifism before that, and theocracy during war

representation - universal suffrage
bureaucracy-free speech
serfdom - emancipation
mercantilism - ecology
organized religion - pacifism - free religion

of course with spiritual leaders :lol:

It's easier to identify the civics I don't run, or very, very rarely: Caste System, Serfdom, and Pacifism. Though I should, perhaps, sometimes try the Caste System/Pacifism combination for generating more Great People. But I always seem to have other priorities.

I civics-hop all game long, especially if I'm a spiritual leader. I don't see any of the civics as final goals--they're all means to an end, so I run whichever ones I have available and best suit my needs at the time.

Representation
Bureaucracy
Emancipation
State Property
Organized/Free Religion

An emulation of a Federal Republic:
Representation
Bureaucracy
Emancipation
Free Market
Organized (Early)/Free Religion (Late)

Early game
Slavery

Middle-late game:
Hereditary rule
Beaurocracy
caste system
"first economic civic"
Organized religion

End game:
Universal sufferage
communism
Free religion

Are the most imortant to me. But honestly it depends on my situation. I.E. # of cites, foreign relations, commerce potential production potential. I use civic to best utilize my civilzation at any one point in time,

Top Bottom