What civics should I use for certain...

Airrifle48942

Warlord
I know some of the best things to use in the early stage are Hereditary Rule and then it's Slavery...

But in the Renaissance/Imperial/Industrial I always get a huge civics downfall with other choices. I wonder what the recommendation is?

Also, do all civilizations have different civics boost? Because I played as Spain and got a +10 with Theocracy and stuff but as England it was like, only a +5.
(Funny thing is I wasn't a christian in Spain xDDDDD)

Now, but your civic category depends on other factors than just the combination of civics, for example Representation and Bureaucracy give penalties if you exceed five cities, and several civics give a bonus only in certain eras or give a penalty after certain techs.

My general suggestion is not to worry about civic stability too much, and choose your civics to suit your economy. That'll usually result in a high enough economic stability to outweigh the penalties. Once most early civics become disadvantageous in the late game, the new civics that work well in these times are usually better for stability anyway.

Only when your empire has expanded a lot, you should try to keep up stability with authoritarian civics like Police State (bonus for number of cities, less penalties from unhappiness), Nationhood (bonus for being at war) and State Property (goes best with large empire economically).

Now, but your civic category depends on other factors than just the combination of civics, for example Representation and Bureaucracy give penalties if you exceed five cities, and several civics give a bonus only in certain eras or give a penalty after certain techs.

My general suggestion is not to worry about civic stability too much, and choose your civics to suit your economy. That'll usually result in a high enough economic stability to outweigh the penalties. Once most early civics become disadvantageous in the late game, the new civics that work well in these times are usually better for stability anyway.

Only when your empire has expanded a lot, you should try to keep up stability with authoritarian civics like Police State (bonus for number of cities, less penalties from unhappiness), Nationhood (bonus for being at war) and State Property (goes best with large empire economically).

So I need to turn in to a Totaliatarianism to have a British Empire... Or an Arabian...

O.o

Thanks for clarifying. I really wish there were south african cities and australian cities as in the civilizations, then I could use Representation and actually have Prime Ministers instead of a President of Despot of england xD

Well, many are capped in terms of negative stability. Back in Vanilla RFC I always used to run Representation for the research rate and just kept a growing economy. As was mentioned, economy is the category to keep way up through constant growth.

If you are playing as the Turkish or Japanese, spam Privateers, so that your economy will be in the sky! I remember I got an economy of +60. I could maintain a Represenation, State Property, Caste system.

No, just keep growing. Economy stability can easily make up for the rest at values, if played right, of over +150. Eventually Privateers will become outdated and your economy can end up crashing if you are too dependent on them.

No, just keep growing. Economy stability can easily make up for the rest at values, if played right, of over +150. Eventually Privateers will become outdated and your economy can end up crashing if you are too dependent on them.
Yes, that happened to me! Except for The Turkish, because till you finish their UHV Privateers don't become obsolete.

So I need to turn in to a Totaliatarianism to have a British Empire... Or an Arabian...

O.o

Thanks for clarifying. I really wish there were south african cities and australian cities as in the civilizations, then I could use Representation and actually have Prime Ministers instead of a President of Despot of england xD
Not really. Economy is still the best weapon against overexpansion, and it's totally possible to pull off a large empire without totalitarian civics. I just wanted to mention that these help most if you can't manage it the other way.

I mean, I don't get annoyed, I get annoyed slightly...

But when it comes to playing as Mali and stuff, even with cheats with merchants and stuff (I do everything like every other civ, and believe me doing this with Japan was excellent) and my economy was already a -1 by 3 turns.

I saved it before the 12th turn and I was cheating x) and I accidentally pressed plus and made another city capital, I quickly undid this and my cities went down to a permanent -20.

This remained until I collapsed with 3 cities during turn 80.
Naturally, I just killed them, but just WB'd and made all cities revolt to mine and my economy skyrocketed and nosedived. Though I revolted them since the Barbarians were annoying me.

What are you trying to say, that if you cheat the triggers and scripts get confused and the game acts strange? makes sense to me :p

Yeah, you can't expect the mechanism to be stable while cheating.

Top Bottom