1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What difficulty

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Swiss Bezerker, Mar 27, 2005.

?

what difficulty?

1. Chieftan

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Warlord

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Regent

20 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. Monarch

31 vote(s)
    27.9%
  5. Emperor

25 vote(s)
    22.5%
  6. Demigod

10 vote(s)
    9.0%
  7. Deity

10 vote(s)
    9.0%
  8. Sid (*COUGH*Imposible*COUGH*)

6 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Wai_Wai

Wai_Wai Chieftain

AIs usually sucks in strategic games.
    The first game is a practice game, played on Chieftan.

The second time I played, I played on Deity (Vanilla Civ3), I found myself far behind. Oh! The AIs were so strong. How come? I used to be able to win easily after a few practice?

Later I realised these AIs cheated heavily in the game. Interesting since only AIs with cheating bonuses can give me some good challenge. I learnt a lot about Civ3 before playing my third game.

My third game started on Monarch. Won easily.

Then I moved up to Emperor. It seems I can also win pretty easy.

Now I am playing C3C. I'm currently playing at Emperor/Demigod. I'm moving towards the hardest level (Sid). But since I hear most able players say Sid is crazy, we can hardly win. So I think I will finally play on Deity most of the time, and a few Sid games for real challenge of luck + strategies + dirty tricks (eg RoP rape, but no exploit to game bug).

So I guess I will usually play on Deity ultimately.

2. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

I used to play on Emperor and usually won.

So I'm trying to be a Demi-God! But I think I am far from getting there! :blush:

I remember by first game in C3C - I had a tremendous defeat in Chieftain! After that, I learned a thing called "resources"! I thought they were there just to make the tiles prettier! :mischief: