Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Demigod

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Deity

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Sid (*COUGH*Imposible*COUGH*)

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
i play monarch (civ3). i tried emperor a few times. think i won once. monarch is a bit too easy for me, so i'll give emperor another chance in the near future.
besides, like some mentioned: it's not a matter on which level u play, but at what level u win!

Mad2rix said:
I'm usually more into Emperor difficulty. I rarely play Demigod on Tiny maps to assure I'm able to win the cheap way, like my recent Egypt game conquest victory for instance.

Once again, I play that civilization to challenge tiny Pangaea C3C diety game. I managed to achieve domination victory before the BC date ended. However, the map setting is pretty rough as one of my opponents' territory is barricade with marshs and jungles which delayed my invasion using mostly War Chariots. As a result, I had hard time finishing off that civ as they already reached middle ages building musketmen, pikemen, and medival infantry.

Oh well, I'm not worried if someone else tries to beat my first diety victory game, which is probably accepted in HOF as we could learn from most elite players who might tend to make few mistakes when strategizing a war-game.

I can beat Monarch quite easily but am having some difficulties with Emperor. Oh well, I guess I will just hae to keep on playing.

Everything below DG is relaxing
DG is nice
Deity is a challenge
and on Sid I need to get (really) lucky...

I voted Emperor since its my comfort zone, but I'll try DemiGod again after my first failed attempt cost me my confidence.

Monarch, I can beat Emperor but I have to put too much effort into it most of the time so I don't.

I keep saying I'll move to Emperor when I fill the HoF with Monarchy wins w/o ANY loss.

Unfortunately, the random map plays a joke on me every once in awhile and I loose due to a pathetic start. It always seems to be Spain, too.

Last time it was a near-pangea with Spain stuck in a jungle-choked corner. There was only 1 plain clear in the closest 100 squares! Of course all my neighbors were in the clear and expanding into my area. I though I had a chance until Ghandi walked 3 warriors 30 squares down and took my only expansion town (no losses, of course!).

I play Emperor when I want a challenging game and Monarch when I want to do some seious ass wuppin'. I have won DemiGod once, but it's to difficult a level to really enjoy playing. I tried Sid once: Boy did I ever get my behind kicked! Ouch.... Definitely NOT going to try that level again....

@ Alamo: Try playing the Dutch on Arid Archipelago. Succes guaranteed :)

I voted for Monarch as that's the level I play most of the time and always win on (gotta feel victorious and satisfied with the game). Emperor doesn't go well most of the time but I have won a couple of times, with both being pesky, dissatisfying Diplomatic wins. I play Emperor when I want a challenge and will probably do so more as these Monarch games are getting easier now. I'd never dream of wasting my time with any higher levels.

Looks like Monarch is the most popular difficulty:its the difficulty where things start to toughen up a little.

Why do more people play on Deity than Demigod

When I play a "real" game, not just a practice, I play on Emperor. I've been playing most of my games lately on Chieften to practice some strategies and ideas though.

Top Bottom