What do you expect/want in Civ VI?

Realistic battles would be great! but are they doable?
The only way I think it's possible is:
when as a human player you march an army onto a tile already occupied by another players(AI's)army's and declare war, or if already in war with that player, the program would ask you weather you want to zoom in and lead your army by yourself or see the results on playing map, as done in previous civ games. If you choose to zoom in the game would have to present the following:
A single screen featuring the terrain type which the defending unit was last in before commencement of battle, both armies at opposite ends of the screen, perhaps some additional features as well. Units would move, according to movement points, fire/fight according to their leaders (and AI's) decisions. The Battle Screen-as I would call it would always be the same size, except perhaps when a siege of a city, or a castle takes place, where it could be enlarged. The battle screen could also be divided into a specific number of tiles/squares.

Upon finishing the battle you'd see the results, glorious music would play if you are victorious, you could name a battle hero unit, hand out medals, and then click the exit battle screen button.
In scenario modes if attacking army's units run out of pre determined number of allowed moves while trying to capture walled cities, castles or forts, due to the fact that catapults should take at least twice as long to load before firing as archers do and in reality it often took months to capture a city with city walls, the player would be asked weather he/she wants to continue or lift the siege the following turn.
Whad'ya all think?

^^ this kinda reminds me of the old Sega Mega Drive game Centurion, which would also zoom into a predefined battlefield terrain for direct control. Or the Might and Magic games. I am not sure if I would want to have battlefield control in a civ game. I would feel that I have to take control of every battle and micromanage it because I am pretty sure I could do a better job then the AI. Then civ would become an rts and I might as well play Rise of Nations. I like the fact that in civ I am playing the strategist rather than the tactition.

What I would like to see is a more rational AI. Especially concerning diplomacy. My last game. Me,Asika, and Dido had been strong allies right until the last 100 turns. Then out of the blue after all three of us basically wiped Bismarck and Darius off the map we no longer saw eye to eye. Asika was Guarded, and Dido straight up hated me. In short Diplomacy needs to improved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Want:

Better AI.
A proper Casus Belli system.

Expect:

Even more limitations on founding cities and peaceful expansion, so that the only way to play the game is with one city with four tiles.
A game that isn't really any good till you buy two expansions for it.

Expect:

Even more limitations on founding cities and peaceful expansion, so that the only way to play the game is with one city with four tiles.
A game that isn't really any good till you buy two expansions for it.

that's the last of the two expansions that hinders warmongering the most however.

Personally, I would like to see a more wide open tech tree.

A lot of the dependencies make absolutely no sense. And they also severely constrain the game so that you have to play along historical lines. But the game is about alternate history, not conforming to real life. So, it makes no sense.

Furthermore, this limits creativity and having some really interesting civs. There's no reason that a civ that pushes forward on hydraulics etc. couldn't push toward steampunk lines (rather than internal combustion engines as happened in real life). And there's no reason that a civ couldn't move forward on biology, or advanced farming, in preference to physics and electronics. And why didn't zeppelins take off? Because WWI happened and they could be blown up too easily. But without WWI it is quite likely that we would have fleets of airships. There are plenty of examples which could be possibilities but the current setup doesn't allow because it forces the player down historical lines.

Top Bottom