What do you miss the most from Civ4?

What do you miss the most from Civ4BTS?

• Total voters

ash88

Hail to the King Baby -DN
Out of the following list, what do you miss the most from Civ4BTS?

If the thing you missed isn't on this list then vote for the one you miss the most, but post what you really miss in the thread!

Well, since there's nothing to pick from.... Here's my list. :)

1. Ctrl/Shift clicking to select all/multiple cities
2. Ctrl/Shift/Alt production queuing
3. Waypoints (though, probably not as useful with 1upt)
4. Order queuing (god I miss this for MP)
5. Being able to perform actions after you End Turn in multiplayer
6. Map regeneration
7. Saving in MP

Sry - it took me some time to make the poll :) 25 items is a lot of items...

No doubt I forgot a ton of stuff... forgive me! Just post it.

nothing except acceptable turn waiting time.

I figured out that i would enjoy the game 100 times more if the turn times in civ5 were short. And they aren't. What a pity.

Hey, just because you don't miss anything from Civ 4 (assuming you played it), doesn't mean you need to come argue with the OP.

I miss civics the most.

Damn - yeah - Civics was a big thing I completely forgot about. Wish I could edit the list... I would take out Music probably and add Civics.

Only one thing really miss: CTRL-I.

Other than that, there was nothing on the list that I missed except for being challenged when playing at Prince or higher.

Only one thing really miss: CTRL-I.

Other than that, there was nothing on the list that I missed except for being challenged when playing at Prince or higher.

That's in there - "Civ4BTS AI" - Maybe I should have called it something different, like "Computer and Difficulty Level"

I miss City Specific Happiness Management the most.

2-The Civ4BTS AI.

1 victory movies

2 wonder movies

Their absence Or a suitable alternative such as a slide show... makes the game feel unfinished and anti-climactic.

That's in there - "Civ4BTS AI" - Maybe I should have called it something different, like "Computer and Difficulty Level"

I avoided that option principally because I don't think that AI would have done any better; I want good AI but I don't miss the supposed good AI from previous Civs.

Nothing option is missing!
If i feel like playing Civ 4, i will boot up civ 4! :)

Nothing stopping me from doing as such.

I have not been following the Civ 5 development much, just figured I would wait till it was out. Then I forgot about it completely just being busy and not doing any game playing for months. A few minutes ago I saw and ad for it on some random web site and dropped in here. Looking at this list of things people miss, and which obviously are no longer in the game was very dissapointing. Given how many things are gone, Religion, Civics etc. I am not sure I am going to buy the game. I will have to read more forum posts about its good points, but so far I am seeing a lot of negative. Not ready to make a judgement though.

I have not been following the Civ 5 development much, just figured I would wait till it was out. Then I forgot about it completely just being busy and not doing any game playing for months. A few minutes ago I saw and ad for it on some random web site and dropped in here. Looking at this list of things people miss, and which obviously are no longer in the game was very dissapointing. Given how many things are gone, Religion, Civics etc. I am not sure I am going to buy the game. I will have to read more forum posts about its good points, but so far I am seeing a lot of negative. Not ready to make a judgement though.

Note that the reviews are overwhelmingly positive, as are the informal polls conducted here and elsewhere. No doubt there's a very vocal minority who truly dislike the game, but it is a very small minority. There's a far larger group of us who think the game is either good or great. That being said, it's not perfect by any means...and just like any PC game, if you can hold off, you're going to get it for a better price on down the road.

---

On the poll, I couldn't choose just one. My big 4 from the above list are:
-Religion, provided it's implemented better than in Civ IV.
-Wonder movies
-Endgame movie/graph/recap
-Tech trading (though I always played with no brokering)

Add to that:
-Decent tactical AI
-Better diplomacyAI

Hey, just because you don't miss anything from Civ 4 (assuming you played it), doesn't mean you need to come argue with the OP.

I miss civics the most.

why clog this forum with repeated "What do you hate most about Civ V" polls and threads?

Top Bottom