What does this do

I think it's if you have a certain improvement that has a specific nationality to it (airport, radio tower, etc), it'll change the ownership of that improvement.

Actually, it does exactly what it says: sets the ownership of a particular tile. It works like this.

You're making a map for a scenario. The scenario has races or civilizations. On the map, you're going to pre-place some cities and/or units.

In the editor, you have to specify which civs will be available for your scenario. Then you can place cities and/or units around the map according to how you want the map to look like. Once you have the cities and/or units placed, maybe you decide you need to change who they belong to.

You right click on that tile and then click on "Reassign" (I assume you already know how to do this since you're asking about the reassign dialog box). That brings up the dialog box you're asking about which then lets you change who the city and/or unit belongs to.

Capeche?

Actually, it does exactly what it says: sets the ownership of a particular tile. It works like this.

You're making a map for a scenario. The scenario has races or civilizations. On the map, you're going to pre-place some cities and/or units.

In the editor, you have to specify which civs will be available for your scenario. Then you can place cities and/or units around the map according to how you want the map to look like. Once you have the cities and/or units placed, maybe you decide you need to change who they belong to.

You right click on that tile and then click on "Reassign" (I assume you already know how to do this since you're asking about the reassign dialog box). That brings up the dialog box you're asking about which then lets you change who the city and/or unit belongs to.

Capeche?

Yes I am aware of all of that. I am referring to the box that says player 22 china. The Top box is for Barbarians only. The middle box is for playable civs. I am interested in knowing what the bottom box is for. What does it do exactly?

Its for the PLAYERS, not the Civ. If you went into custom player data and changed the civ of player 22 to a different civ, the tile would stil lbelong to player 22.

If that doesn't make any sense, well, I'm half drunk and whole tired. I'm going to go to bed and pretend I have a girlfriend.

Its for the PLAYERS, not the Civ. If you went into custom player data and changed the civ of player 22 to a different civ, the tile would stil lbelong to player 22.

If that doesn't make any sense, well, I'm half drunk and whole tired. I'm going to go to bed and pretend I have a girlfriend.

Don't sound so down. Somewhere, a girl is going to bed, pretending she has a Goldflash.

On topic, does making one city belong to China and another belong to Player 22 (China) have any affect in game?

Don't sound so down. Somewhere, a girl is going to bed, pretending she has a Goldflash.

On topic, does making one city belong to China and another belong to Player 22 (China) have any affect in game?

That's what I am trying to find out. I believe it does but I can't remember exactly what it does or how it works.

In the editor, if you set active player to China, create a city, then switch to "player 22China", you will see that you cannot place the units in the city, as the editor consider they are not the same owner. However, when starting the game, the city and the units would effectively belong to the same owner.

In the editor, if you set active player to China, create a city, then switch to "player 22China", you will see that you cannot place the units in the city, as the editor consider they are not the same owner. However, when starting the game, the city and the units would effectively belong to the same owner.

Hi Steph, was getting ready to PM you. I figured that you might know what this is for. What purpose does it serve. I tested it in the game and It creates the same units as the original civ. In this case china. Has the same color territory border (but they are separate), units are the same and can enter both cities. What is the difference? Does it have any practical use?

The only use that I can think of is if you want somthing to be assigned to the human player no mater what civ they choose, you could assign it to player one and make that the only human player.

Why you would want to do so is another matter.

Perhaps it was to make it so that: if in scenario properties, the player # (22) is changed to something else, it will be updated on the map as well. So if China is changed to another player #8, and Belgium is changed to player #22, all the units and cities on the map set as player #22 would become owned by Belgium.

I would think that is how it works, but I haven't dabbled or dibbled around with that option, so can't be for sure.

He may be a drunken pirate but he's exactly right. It works just like the other two options, but it sets the ownership to a player rather than a civilization.

The two entities are NOT the same. A player is the human or an instance of the AI, while a civilization is assigned to a player when the game starts (unless specified in custom player data).

Basically, this option allows you to assign items to the human or a certain AI without specifying which civ they must use. So for example if you place down a bunch of units assigned to Player 1, they will automatically belong to the human player (by default, unless custom players are changed) regardless of which civilization is chosen.

I used this feature in an RPG scenario I was (will be in the future maybe?) working on.

Basically, the human could chose between any one of around eight-ish different "characters" to play as. However, I wanted their capital to be placed in a specific location for each of them, so I assigned the city to "Player 1", and pre-placed the character units around this city, assigned to their civ, not Player 1.

I used this feature in an RPG scenario I was (will be in the future maybe?) working on.

Basically, the human could chose between any one of around eight-ish different "characters" to play as. However, I wanted their capital to be placed in a specific location for each of them, so I assigned the city to "Player 1", and pre-placed the character units around this city, assigned to their civ, not Player 1.

Let me see if I understand this:
There are eight characters each with it's own civ and it's own capital. this would be player 2 - 8. Player 1 would be a separate/different player/civ. What would the status of player 1 be. Why not just make player 1 a non-playable civ. and do the same thing? I understand the mechanics, but not the logic or purpose behind this. Sry, Maybe my brain is getting a little :old:.

I think he means that the capitol and cities would always be the same, no matter which of 8 the player chooses. But each of the 8 is different (different units, etc), so it would be useful to 'change things up' in a scenario (probably best used in a fantasy, or alternate reality).

Something I never thought about, but would be very useful in certain situations.

I think he means that the capitol and cities would always be the same, no matter which of 8 the player chooses. But each of the 8 is different (different units, etc), so it would be useful to 'change things up' in a scenario (probably best used in a fantasy, or alternate reality).

Something I never thought about, but would be very useful in certain situations.

OK, would this work? I create a wwII scenario with the regular civs including germany and finland. with finland as a nonplayable civ. I then reassign all finland to the german player, essentially making finland a playable ally of the german player. Would that work?

Top Bottom