What features from older games would you like to see in Civ V?

Why can't we trade maps with other Civs like in Civ IV? Was this unpopular and they decided to get rid of it for some reason? I'd like to see that return.

I don't think this game should have been called "Civilization" since it is such a departure from the previous games in the series. If they called it "Civ Revolution PC", real Civ players would have understood, and Civ 5 could come out later.

Profound.

-civil wars... i've been aching for that since civ2 when they last had an appearance
-revolutions... ACTUAL, FORCED revolutions (also a civ2 thing)... if your empire was suffering unrest for too long, you would fall into anarchy. this would have to be tweaked a lot to compensate for the fact that it's no longer just a simple government change but more complicated and intricate with various options.... but still.
-religions and corporations... should be tweaked to make them more realistic, and more interesting, of course, but they were a cool feature of civ4
-espionage (what were they thinking leaving this out?)
-i like that you now are limited as far as your strategic resources as opposed to just being able to build a million nukes on one source of uranium, for example.... but i feel like in civ5 they took it to the opposite extreme where you can basically only have 20 tanks at any given time because you only have 20 aluminum or oil sources or whatever... or since you only have 4 counts of coal, only 4 of your cities can build a factory... they need to find a middle ground where 1 source gives you x amount of factory/unit build power, or even just once you start using it, eventually it runs out (as it naturally would) - and the more units you build with that resource, the quicker it depletes. but not this 20 aluminum=20 aluminum-based units... (sometimes you're lucky to get even that much of any resource)

really, a good source of inspiration would be the rise of mankind mod for civ4 bts, actually. that one had pretty much all that and a bag of chips as far as my wish-list lol

I am glad to say that at least half of the things mentioned here are now available in mods including:

A full call to power inspired modpack
Clocks
Tile flipping base on culture
Religion - still in alpha stages
Many more buildings and wonders

Even though I don't like Civ V that much, I'm ok with most of its features including the 1upt. What I REALLY miss is agility in the gameplay. I hate to compare this game to Civ IV, but in that game I completed my turns in a matter of seconds, mostly thanks to shift+clicking: I queue orders to my workers so they build cottages, roads, etc, without asking what to do every 5 turns. The same with the production of the cities, I just click in the city name and shift-click what things I want to build in order.

Civ V is driving me crazy with all the pop-ups and commands to give to my workers, it's just slow the game way too much. I know that you can queue the production in a city but to do that you need to do too many clicks, it's just not practical.

The long waiting between turns and 1UPT makes the gameplay even slower. A game on Civ V normally takes me 3x the time in comparison to IV.

I really miss being agile. If they fix that I'll be the happiest man in the world (at least for a while :rolleyes:)

I've got me some Microwave (Green Digits), a wake-up gimmick near the bed(Red), a wristed cheap Timex... who really needs to know what time it is when immersed into CiV games.
Plays full-screen though - so no tiny cornered taskbar MS_reminder either.

-terraforming
-a civilization worthy combat system (not an rts and no SOD -> but CTP)
-distribute resources to other cities (caravan/freight)
-tunnels under water
-tunnels though mountains (not from older civs but 2200 and you can't build tunnels?=travel with plains + railroad speed)
-some kind of religion (doesn't have to be like civ IV but CTP was great too)
-Corporations (same as above)
-Espionage

I better stop. They stripped everything for better graphics :cry:

Now I feel the urgency to DL a mod, just to justify my achievements?

Any mods out there I NEED?

You know, I am going to post a new thread for that question in this section. Sort of a modder's starter pack.

Top Bottom